Vigilance (Chapter 24)

Word count: 25.0k

Pairings: Jake x Reader, Daniel x OC, Reader x OC, Sam x OC

PLEASE READ THE WARNINGS FOR THIS CHAPTER AS IT CONTAINS EXTREME TRAUMATIC THEMES THAT WILL BE TRIGGERING FOR SOME READERS!

Warnings: Alcohol, Smoking, Cursing, Extreme Dramatic Themes. Angst Including: Talks of Infidelity, Toxic Themes, Stalking, Arguing, Yelling, Extreme Portrayal of Sadness, Crying, Abandonment, Heartbreak, Talks of Illness, Talks of Death and Dying, Domestic Violence, Extreme Domestic Abuse, Extreme Verbal Abuse, Extreme Physical Violence, Weapons, Blood, Restraints, Lifelessness, Extreme Stalking, Fainting, Vomit, Confrontation, Torture, Talks of Past Sexual Abuse, Mentions of Rape, Physical Assault, Emotional Assault, Verbal Assault, Kidnapping, Extreme Trauma, Talks of Pregnancy, Pregnancy Complications, Pregnancy Loss/Termination, Talks of Marriage. Smut Including: Kissing, Touching, Fingering, Oral F!Receiving, Oral M!Receiving, Choking, Full Penetration, Period Sex, Rough Sex, Mentions of Masturbation, Voyeurism, Public Sex. Fluff.

This chapter contains the POV of Andy and will contain descriptions of extremely traumatic abusive situations, including an abusers point of view with vivid descriptions of acts committed. This will be triggering for some readers so please read and recognize each trigger warning given above before proceeding with these sections.

JAKE POV

"It's alright, Y/N. Just breathe. We're fine." You squeezed her hand, white knuckled on the armrest as the plane shook and rumbled, hitting some of the worst turbulence you'd ever experienced. A quick glance to her face let you know she wasn't alright, her eyes pinched closed hard, biting her lips between her teeth. She was breathing hard and deep, the fear of flying only amplified when shit like this happened.

You were a little worried yourself, the turbulence lasting longer than normal. You rolled your fingertips over her hand, coaxing her down. "It's raining babe, and this plane is tiny. We don't have much more to go..."

The lights flickered in the cabin a couple of times, making your stomach drop. You glanced to the stewardess, seeing her face looking unbothered, rerooting your confidence in the flight.

"Hello everyone, this is the captain. Experiencing some turbulence this morning, but have no fear, we will be landing in Rio no less than ten minutes. Thank you." Your Portuguese was choppy, but you at least made out ten minutes.

"See babe? Landing in ten minutes. It's okay." You said calmly. Her eyes finally opened as the plane seemed to level out, only shaking a little bit now. Her hand released the arm rest, grabbing and holding yours tightly. She nodded, releasing a breath.

As the plane landed smoothly and you began to deboard, your mind fiddled with how you'd been acting the past few days in Argentina, disconnected and detached, and probably at times downright rude. You made a strong effort to distance yourself from her when the plane landed that day, and now days later you found yourself on another plane, still questioning those same feelings.

You knew Y/N had been doing her best at giving you space, sensing something was up, but you knew it was probably confusing her, making her wonder if you still wanted her. At first, after seeing the photo of her and Sam, yeah, you were pissed. Infuriated, actually. All the jealousy and pain you'd felt for weeks after they cheated all falling back into you like hot lava. Not to mention the fear and turmoil from knowing that Andy was photographing your house.