Mission 27

A dad and his baby

You're thinking about quitting?"Loid said to (Y/n).
(Y/n) sat in the bed as loid was already tucked in.
"Yup"she smiled. Loid hums and looked at his wife.
"May I ask why?"
"Men, Dlaire and..."she looked at loid. Loid hunched an eyebrow at her nervous look.
"And...?"
"I want to be a stay at home mom"she said. Loid hums.
"Okay"he said. "But I'm surprised I know how you didn't want that"
"I know. But I don't like Amy's babysitter. The daycares food is disgusting I can make something healthy for her, plus so many other babies and germs being passed around an most of the workers are still in high school I saw two of them on their phone not even paying attention-"
(Y/n) continued to ramble on. Loid sighed and sat up as he grabbed her neck gently and kissed (Y/n).
"All you had to say was Amy. You don't need to explain anything to me"he said "I make enough to support all of us plus you'll be opening the bakery soon. You made a small nursery for Amy upstairs to nap in with a baby monitor at the place. You're going to be fine."he said
(Y/n) smiled.
"Thanks loid"she smiled. Loid chuckled.
"Also you're off tomorrow right?"

For a mission

"Yes I'm off"
"I haven't been able to shop for things for Amy. Don't worry about clothes. I have two weeks worth of clothes for her,"she said.

"So let me think...better crib, a bib, bottles, brurp cloths,high chairs preferably two, at least three baby bags for different occasions of course,bottle warmer, sippy cups to teach her how to handle cups, some baby plates and utensils, at least four more baby monitors they break fast, bassist, better crib mattress that helps amy relax her neck, seven crib sheets, three swaddles, three sound machines, changing table, changing pad, cream, lots of diapers, diaper pail out of reach from Bond, wipes, wipe warmer, carrier, two car seats, three strollers, travel crib, baby wagon, baby utiles for health and emergencies, lots of teething toys and some jam to help the gums,bath toys, baby bathing utiles like shampoo and soap, towel warmer for her towels,for diffeng mobiles to keep her entertained, hamper a rocking chair lots of wall decor that both Anya and Amy like, a swing, small play yard, books, bouncer, activity gym, walker, water may and finally six pacifiers"he said.

(Y/n) was lost.

"Those are just the bare minimum-"
"You know what I'll work a bit cause that's expensive"
"I got it covered,"Loid said. "If you don't feel safe or welcomed at work I want you away as soon as possible"he said. "Don't worry about me plus you can use the money from the bakery as well. We don't have to get all at once we'll get ten things every paycheck"
(Y/n) was hesitant but took a deep breath loid hasn't failed or put them in struggle so why start to worry now.
"Okay...but I still think I should work until we at least have more than enough,"she said. Loid hum.
"I understand"he hums. He pulled her into his arms and held her close. Hiding his face in her neck as he sighs.

He hated to admit that he loved chubby girls.
Not cause he didn't want to be made fun of. But he know how society treated them and if he mention how much he loved them people would knock women down and he would have to defend him.

Like when he showed a picture of his wife and a co-worker at his 'job' had made a joke about how he actually had two wives stuck together,

Well now his teenage sons have one parent.

Hopefully they learn too.

He snuggled her neck as he sighed.
"Let's just rest now. Okay?"he said, (Y/n) smiled and combed her fingers through his hair.

"Okay my love"

————

Loid woke up to the old baby monitor going off. He turns to see it was 8:45. The alarm showing Amy looking out of the crib.
He sighed and looked to see (Y/n) already gone and Anya probably already in the bus.