Don't leave me alone in this world~ Jean x Reader

Requested by Bamboohungry
------------------------

1. . You sliced the neck of the titan. You used the 3D-maneuver gear to go behind another.
2. . You sliced the second titans neck. Soon, it went from two to fourty.
Your body was telling you to rest but your brain was telling you Fight! Fight! Fight!

You were breathing heavily and your legs felt like they were on fire. You wiped sweat off your forehead with the back off your hand. Jean noticed and said, "Keep going!"
You nod and run towards a titan while you were on top of a roof. Jean ran towards the left while you were going straight-forward.

Jean has been your boyfriend for seven months. You sliced a titan in the neck and watched it fall down. You landed on your feet before you ran to another one.

Connie appeared beside you. "(f/n), we can't fight forever!"

"Remember Trost? We fought. We eventually won. We will again." You replied.

You ran towards the titan and almost sliced its neck until it turned around and hit you towards the ground. You fell and shut your eyes in pain.

Get up! Get up! Fight! Don't die!

You propped yourself up with your elbows and saw the titan about to step on you.

Jean. . I love you. Take care of the group, okay? Tell Connie he's funny, Mikasa's one heck of a girl, the toughest I've met. Sasha has one big appetite. And tell the others 'thank you' for me. Well, you can't hear me. . So never mind.

You were suddenly shoved out of the way. You were now on your stomach, facing the ground.

Wait! If I'm here. . Who shoved me out of the way?!

You looked towards the left, in the direction of the titan to see Jean. He was seconds away from being crushed. "Jean!" You yelled.

"I love you." He said. He looked at you. You saw tears in his amber eyes.

You started crying.

"Don't cry, okay? I don't want you to die. Survive. Fight. For me. Stay long enough to see a world without titans. And when you come up there, from old age, describe it to me. I'll be watching over you, so I'll see it too. But you'd make it worth hearing about. You're my sunshine. You're my sunshine. I love it when you appear and stay for hours and hate it when you go away. I love you so much."

It all happened in slow-motion. The titan crushed Jean. You screamed and started sobbing. You wanted to let the titans kill you. But you had to survive. For Jean. You got up and grabbed your blades before running towards the titan who killed him. Your arm felt like it was on fire.

You used your gear to go behind the titan and slice its neck. Rage filled you mixed with sadness and grief.

"The titans here have been killed! Retreat!" Someone yelled.

You ran back to headquarters with the Survey Corps. When the titan knocked you down, you had broken your arm.

That's why it felt like it was on fire. .

A few weeks later, your arm healed. You were let out of the infirmary. You were greeted with hugs and 'I am so sorry''s.

--

"(f/n), let us in." Krista said. You just sat in the chair, not saying a word. It has been a month and a half since that day.

"Move over." You heard Mikasa say. A moment later, the door was kicked down.

You turned your head towards the door.

Mikasa stomped over to you. "Is this what Jean would want?"

You flinched hearing his name. You stayed silent and looked down at the floor.

"No, (f/n)! The answer is 'No.' What happened to you? You rarely talk to us. If you do, it's a short conversation." She looked at you, frowning.

Tears ran down your cheeks. Everyone had entered the room. You stood up and looked at everyone. "Jean just died by a titan, right?! That's all, hm?! Did anyone ever tell you why?! He died because I was about to get stepped on and he shoved me out of the way. I was the reason he died. How do I live with that? Knowing that it's my fault that the person I'm in love with died!" You were angry at yourself and at the world.

"It's my fault. ." You choked out. "It's my fault that he's dead. ."

Eren walked over to you and hugged you. Mikasa joined in, then Armin and everyone else.

"It's not your fault, okay?" Eren said.

You nod, "Everyone, I'm sorry."

----------------
Ending music:

I've heard it said,
That people come into our lives
For a reason
Bringing something we must learn.
And we are led to those
Who help us most to grow if we let them.
And we help them in return.
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you.

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun,
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better
But because I knew you.
I have been changed for good.

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime.
So, let me say before we part:
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you.
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart.
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have rewritten mine
By being my friend.

Like a ship blown from it's mooring
By a wind off the sea.
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better
But because I knew you...

Because I knew you...

I have been changed for good.

And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done,
You blame me for.

But then I guess,
We know there's blame to share.

And none of it seems to matter anymore.
Like a comet pulled from orbit
(Like a ship blown from it's mooring)
As it passes a sun.
(By a wind off the sea)
Like a stream that meets a boulder
(Like a seed dropped by bird)
Halfway through the wood.
(In the wood)
Who can say if I've been changed for the better.
I do believe I have been changed for the better.

And because I knew you...

Because I knew you...

Because I knew you
I have been changed...
For good