Stop helping~ Jean x Injured!Reader

Plot: Reader gets hurt and Jean freaks out, trying to take care of her. [That's all I'm going to say because it would give away the whole plot.]

Requested by Redhoodgirlie.

Modern AU.
----------------------------

You felt the adrenaline pumping through you. This was it, you were running to get the soccer ball and lead your team to victory. They were counting on you. You were the fastest runner on the team. Breathing heavily, you continued running.

This kid -- number fourteen -- reached over and pushed you. Of course. They were the bad school, misbehaving, did anything to win. Anything.

Your foot twisted, making you let out a cry of pain. Tears formed. Your coach ran over to you. "(y/n)!"

The referee blew his whistle, giving the other team a penalty. You didn't care, you wanted the pain to go away. Medics surrounded you. After examination, it was revealed you had a fractured ankle.

You breathed in and out, hoping it would somehow take away the pain. It didn't. You had to go to the doctor.

"Okay, it looks like you do indeed have a fractured ankle." Your doctor told you. "You will have to use crutches, just don't put any weight on the foot. You will have a cast on your leg, too. For it to heal, okay?"

You nodded. "Okay. Thank you."

After getting the cast on, they gave you the crutches.

--

You went into the classroom, thanking Krista, who opened the door. "(y/n), hello. What happened to your leg?" Ms. Zoe asked.

"I was playing soccer and I fractured my ankle." You explained, using your crutches to go to your seat and sit down.

"Some kid pushed her. I was there." Sasha piped in. "Her foot was twisted painfully."

You glanced at her. Ms. Zoe nodded, "Okay, so, we were talking about the atomic theory."

--

Your best friend, Jean, walked up to you after school. "(y/n), is your Mom going to work late again? I could look after you for a few hours if you'd like."

"Yeah, she is. I guess you could. It'll be fun." You said, concentrating on moving with the new support for your ankle.

"Here, let me carry your backpack." He offered. You stood still, removing it from your back. He took it from your hand.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

The rest of the walk was silent. But, not an awkward silence. A comfortable silence.

After you unlocked the door, he held it open for you. You appreciated it.

"Is there anything I can get you?" He asked.

"Not really, no. Thanks." You gave him a smile and sat down. You set your crutches next to you.

"You're welcome. Want to watch TV?" Jean offered.

You nodded, "That would be nice."

He turned on the TV and put on (favorite show). He enjoyed the show, too. It felt relaxing to watch a show with him. You didn't have any homework and he didn't either. You had a crush on him for a few months. You were surprised he never noticed. That was good.

The doorbell ring. You grabbed your crutches and started to stand up. "I got it, (y/n), don't worry." Jean smiled and walked to the door.

"I can do most things. . . Like open a door. If it goes outwards, at least." You whispered to yourself, sitting down.

You heard footsteps in the room. "It was Eren. You left your notebook, I can put it in your backpack for you."

"It's okay. I just need my backpack and then I can do the rest." You said, but Jean was quick to reply.

"Don't be silly. It's fine. Rest your leg."

"My arms aren't broken." You muttered, but he didn't hear you. "Hey, Jean, I can do it."

"(y/n). I don't mind. Relax." Jean shushed you. You let out a sigh.

--

For the past hour, Jean wouldn't let you do a single thing. It annoyed you. You just wanted to be independent. But, would he let you? No, not at all. You were sick of it.

"Jean, I can open the door."

"No, don't worry about it."

"Jean."

"Don't worry."

"Jean! I can do some things! Just, please, stop helping so much! I can put things in my backpack, I just need to have it near me or on my lap! I'm not helpless." You snapped. You immediately regretted it when you saw his sad expression.

"I'm sorry. . . I'll go." He walked into the other room. You heard the front door open and then close.

You felt like the worst person in the world. You yelled at your best friend -- and crush -- who was trying to help. You wanted to go over to his house -- it was only a few houses away -- and apologize. But, you knew you both needed some time before you did.

You needed to calm down completely and give him time. He was upset.

After ten minutes, you couldn't stand it. You grabbed your crutches and went to the front door, opening it. You left the house, closing the door. You went over to Jean's house, ringing the doorbell. He answered it and didn't day anything to you.

"Jean, I am really sorry about yelling at you and getting upset. I know you were trying to help me and I appreciate that. I just want to be independent. I know you're upset. But, Jean, I. . . I like you. Not as a best friend. I really, really like you. I have for a few months." You said. When he didn't reply, you were worried. "Please say something. Anything."

Before you knew it, Jean's lips were on pressed against yours. He cupped your cheek. You returned the kiss. When he pulled away, you smiled. "Want to come over to my house and watch TV?"

"Yeah." He breathed. You both went back to your house. When you sat down on the couch next to Jean, you placed your lips on his. He returned the kiss, placing his hands on your hips. You put your hands on the back of his neck. The kiss was sweeter than the one before. It was more slow and gentle.

You blushed, letting out a light laugh. "I've been wanting to do that."

"Me too." He kissed you again.

-----------------

I'm sorry if you didn't like it.