Why?~ Cheater!Levi x Reader

Modern AU.
-----------------------

Your birthday. What was supposed to be a day filled with happiness turned into a day with tear-stained cheeks. You glanced at the decorations around the house everyone had put up.

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled, a smile on their faces.

You grinned, bursting with happiness. "Oh my god, thank you!"

"Happy birthday, (n/n)." Your mom beamed.

"Thank you." You hugged her. You glanced around the room, searching for the boy you loved.

Maybe he's late, you thought.
S
A few hours later, everyone went home. There was still no sign of Levi. You called his phone, it went to voice mail after a few rings.

You paced around the room, worried. The door opened, making you desperate for it to be him.

It was.

You ran towards him and wrapped your arms around him in a hug. He stood there, not returning the embrace. You didn't notice, you were just glad to see him and--

You were angry. Right. He missed your birthday celebration. "Where were you?"

"I was out. How come?" He asked.

"Levi, what day is it today?"

"You mean what day? It's--"

"It's my birthday." You stated, surprised that he didn't remember. "You always remember. Is something wrong, Levi?"

"No." He put his phone on the table. "I'm going to go get changed."

"Okay, take your time." You said, not believe that everything was okay. Once he went to the room, you glanced at his phone. You quickly went over to the table and grabbed it, typing in the password:

One new message from Her. You opened it and saw: Is tomorrow okay for our date? ;)

No. It was not okay. You walked over to the room and knocked on the door. Levi opened it, "Yes?"

"Levi, I don't think this is working out. . . You have to go." You blurted out.

"Why?" He asked, surprised.

"Because. . . How long have you been seeing her?" Your heart was beating fast, afraid of the answer.

"How-- A few months."

"Why would you do that? Why would you tell me you love me?"

"(y/n)--"

"Whatever you have to say, don't waste your breath." Your words were said in an icy tone. He must have noticed because he closed his mouth.

"But, (y/n), I never wanted to hurt you."

"That's what they all say!" You yelled, tears running down your cheeks. "That's what they all say." Your voice was now a whisper.

"(n/n), listen to me--"

"Why?" You looked at him, your eyes filled with tears. Levi hated seeing you broken.

-Levi's POV-

I don't remember why I cheated on her. My feelings had started to go away before, but they returned now that she's crying. I wanted to hug her and comfort her. Except, I'm the reason she's like that. I didn't know what to say that could make this better or save "us."

"(y/n). . ." I looked at her. Her back was against the wall and she was sitting on the carpet. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have cheated on you."

"You shouldn't have." She cried. "Did you even think? I know you were sober because you couldn't have been drunk for a-- a month!"

"Baby--"

"Levi, please. . . Go." She said, about to break down. I reluctantly left, knowing it was probably best for her. She shouldn't be with someone who hurt her. I did hurt her.