Get out~ Cheater!Jean x Reader

This is not a lemon. You're fine. I promise.
------------------------------------------

You smiled, moving side to side as your favorite song played from the radio in the living room. Your boyfriend did the same. One of your hands was in his and one was on his shoulder. His hand that wasn't holding yours was on your back.

The dance might not have matched the song, but neither of you cared. You danced until your feet hurt, barely realizing when a song changed.

You were so, so in love with the boy. It had all seemed too good to be true, but with every kiss, he convinced you otherwise. You had been dating for a year and two months so far and everyone was surprised when you told them. They thought you had been dating for years. All your friends knew you'd get married in the future.

You thought they were right and so did Jean. He wanted a future with you, just not right now. He wanted to wait a year or more until he proposed. You wanted the same thing because you were only twenty and you wanted to wait until you were a bit older.

You sat down on the couch, turning the radio off. "You're a good dancer."

"Really? Because, I'm horrible compared to you." Jean said, making you blush.

"You're sweet." You replied. "Thank you for the compliment."

"You're welcome, my dear." He grabbed your hand and kissed the back of it.

"I love you." You smiled, kissing his cheek.

"And I love you. More than you know." He leaned in and kissed you. You returned the kiss, feeling sparks. You pulled away, smiling.

"Do you want to go out later today?" You asked.

"Oh. . . I'd love to, but I can't. I have plans, I'm sorry. Maybe Monday?" He looked at you, apologetic.

"Sure, yeah. It's fine." You smiled. "I understand. Monday it is." You would be lying if you said you weren't disappointed. But, you understood that he had friends to hang out with. He couldn't always be with you.

"Okay." He looked at his phone. "Oh crap. I have to go, I told Zack I'd help him out with something. I'll text you later. I love you."

"I love you too." You said. He kissed your cheek before leaving. You heard the door close and let out a sigh. You had never met Zack, but you knew he was a good friend of Jean's. Your phone rang, interrupting your thoughts.

You answered your phone, seeing that your Mom was calling. "Hello?"

"Hey, I was wondering if anything new happened with Jean. Maybe an engagement?" She asked. Your brows furrowed in confusion.

"Mom, I'm twenty. Not that there's anything wrong with being engaged or married at that age, but we want to wait a bit longer." You said.

"I know, I know, but you two are made for each other! Everyone thinks you've been dating for years!"

"I know you want me to get married. Hopefully I will, but not right now. Why are you asking all of the sudden?"

"I don't know, I just-- I saw him at the jewelry store and I heard him mention a special occasion."

"Huh. . . That's weird. I don't think we're celebrating anything. Maybe I forgot or maybe that was someone else." You replied, confused.

"Yeah, maybe. I have to go, I'll talk to you soon. Bye, honey!"

"Bye, Mom!" You ended the call. Fear filled you. "What special occasion?"

--

Jean knocked on the front door, waiting for his love to open it. The taller raven-haired girl opened the door to see Jean. "I thought you wouldn't make it."