Reunited~ Jean x Reader

Modern AU. Please read the note at the end.

----------------------------------------------------

You walked through the hallway, your books pressed against you as your arms kept them from falling. You hated Monday's."Hey," someone said. You looked to your left and saw your boyfriend, Todd.

"Hey." You replied, smiling. You had been dating Todd for about a month. Your best friend had set you up, but he was different. He was on the lacrosse team and he never helped you. He didn't carry your books or wish you good luck on a test.

He never wanted to meet your parents, something always came up. He blamed it on lacrosse. But, you stayed with him, even when he only kissed you in front of his friends.

"I was wondering if you wanted to meet my parents Wednesday." You said. He sighed.

"I can't, sorry. I have training for lacrosse."

"But, it's not lacrosse season?" Your brows furrowed. "Todd, if you're nervous, it's okay. They're nice and--"

"No, it's not that, I'm fine. I wish I could meet them, but I have to train. If I don't, I might not be ready to play." He interrupted.

"You can't train Thursday or tomorrow?" You asked, feeling disappointed and confused.

"No, it'll mess up my schedule. I plan everything out."

"It would just be for a few hours, Todd." You were starting to get annoyed. "What about the weekend? You could come over then." You remained a bit hopeful, trying to give him a chance to come over.

"My schedule." He sighed again. "Look, I wish I could, but I can't."

"Todd, what about instead of going to the party Friday night, you can come to my house?" You suggested.

"I already promised I would be there, (y/n)." He was getting annoyed, too.

"Do you even want to meet them?" You questioned. "My family is important to me and you're going to have to meet them at some point. I'm sure you could break your promise to Ross, he has other parties." You took a deep breath and let it out. "I'll see you later." You walked away from him, furious.

You entered the classroom, leaving all your anger at the door. You weren't going to let your emotions keep you from paying attention and talking to people. Once you sat down at your desk, the bell rang. The teacher, Ms. Hanji, went to the door. She let students enter the room for a few more seconds before she closed the door and walked to the front of the room.

"Okay, class, we're going to start a project today! You must write an essay on why love is important and how it can hurt people." Hanji clapped her hands together. "Since this is English class, it makes sense! It's an essay, after all! Also, I assigned partners. Let me pull that up on the screen!" She went to her desk and typed on the computer.

A PowerPoint loaded. She clicked on one slide. It said "1st period" at the top and listed names in pairs. Next to your name, you saw one you never thought you'd see or hear again: Jean Kirstein.

"Okay, go find your partners!" She smiled. Your eyes widened as you stared at the screen. He couldn't be there, maybe someone had the same name. Someone walked over to your desk. You looked up and saw the boy with two-toned hair.

"J-Jean?" You asked, standing up. He looked at you, surprised. "What are you doing here? You moved across the country."

"My mom and dad separated. So, my mom and I came back here." He explained.

"Oh. . . I'm sorry." You replied. He shook his head.

"Don't be, he wasn't a good person. He was having an affair with someone there." He said. You stared at him, not believing he was there. "Uh, how have you been?"