Too Late~ Eren x Shy!Reader

Modern AU.
------------------

You had a crush on Eren Jaeger. You couldn't explain how or why. You had spoken to him twice, saying 'It's fine' and 'Thanks.'

When you saw him, you felt something. Something drew you to him. Maybe it was how funny he was or how nice. He made you smile when you saw him laughing.

You were always shy in school, having to know someone before being yourself. There was always an obstacle when you said you'd talk to him. He was friends with five or six girls in that class.

He could fall for one of them and he'd never know you. All of these projects and how he'd end up in another group. He had no idea how much you wanted to just be friends and watch something happen. You wanted him to hold your hand and kiss your cheek. Maybe even give you his jacket on cold days.

You were running out of time and you were desperate to talk to him. Even if that meant coming out of your comfort zone.

You were running out of time and you didn't want to have regrets.

You were running out of time and you were going to be less than a memory.

You watched as he talked to Mikasa and, oh, he was closest to her. He talked to her the most and she was pretty and funny and social. She made him laugh, you were sure they'd be a couple.

You had spoken to her last year. A small conversation, nothing big. It didn't change anything. Didn't blossom into a friendship. You knew who she was, she knew who you were.

You watched as Eren laughed at something she said. "Mikasa!" He exclaimed, smiling. You could recognize his voice anywhere. It was really creepy to you, but what could you do?

You liked his smile and laugh and how his hair would sometimes look a bit messy.

--

"Okay, okay, I'll talk to him." You sighed.

"Good." Your friend said. "You don't want to regret anything."

"I know. . . I just get all shy around him. More than normal." You replied. "I'm going to say 'hi' today."

"Good luck, (n/n)." Your friend smiled before walking to their class.

You saw Eren kiss Mikasa. Your heart ached and you realized you were too late.

---------------------

This is kinda sad.

So, basically, I still have a crush on someone. But, I'm too shy and - like Eren - he has a few female friends. I'm worried he'll like one and I'm running out of time. Hopefully I can talk to him today, but we're never paired up and. . . Yeah.

Anyway, if you're shy and you have a problem similar to mine, say 'hi.' I'm going to and I've heard that if you just smile and say hi, they might know you want to befriend them.

So, talk to them. I know it's not easy. It might never be. Sometimes we just have to be confident in ourselves and tell ourselves how wonderful we are. Because, if you think you're wonderful, you won't think that they'll say 'Ew, why are you talking to me?'

They probably won't say that. Go talk to them if you want to start something. I love you. Sorry for my blabbering.