Soul mate~ Marco x Reader

Takes place in modern day, but with soul mates. If that makes sense.
------------------------

Soul mates. Everyone believed in them. You didn't, though. All you knew was that there was this clock on your arm, counting down the time until you'd meet your soul mate.

7 hours, 30 minutes, 2 seconds.

It had been a while since you last checked and now you were nervous. Why would you be? You didn't believe in it. . . Did you?

You paced the room as the hours slowly went by and why won't the hours go by faster? You decided to go outside to calm yourself. You started walking more before glancing down at the numbers on your skin.

5 minutes, 15 seconds.

You felt your cheeks heat up as you thought about meeting the one for you. But, ha, you didn't--you used to not--believe in soul mates. Now, you were sure you did.

You could barely walk, you were so thrilled. The one for you, the one for you. The girl who read in class. The girl who was too shy to talk to anyone.

You stumbled into someone. "Oof-- Sorry, I didn't-- I didn't see where I was going." You said, blushing. "I'm just distracted." You looked up and saw a boy with warm brown eyes and freckles.

"It's okay, I'm just in a hurry. You know, to see who my soul mate is." The boy smiled.

"Yeah, I know how that is." You glanced at your arm.

00:00:00

"I'm (y/n)." You extended your arm out for him to shake your hand. He grasped it, giving it a friendly shake.

"I'm Marco." He replied. You looked at his arm casually.

00:00:00

You smiled. "Marco, I think you just met your, uh, soul mate." You showed him your arm. Surprised, he looked at his.

"I guess so." He beamed, holding out his hand. You held it, intertwining your hand with his. "It's destiny that you bumped into me, then."

"Yeah." You leaned your head against his shoulder.