Chapter Twenty-Nine: Growing Bored

Katelyn sighed annoyed peeking at the clock, she hated that she was being left in the dark about what was going on; she wanted to help out in any way possible but that wasn't possible.

Iker and Sergio had spent most of the morning in their office talking with Sofia about what she had found out; it worried Katelyn what she was being kept out of and she wished that there was something that she could do. 

Katelyn sighed moving to check on Sansa since she had just settled the baby down for her nap, she didn't want to think about what was being kept from her in the name of protection. 

It was going to be rough and Katelyn wanted nothing more than to be prepared for whatever was coming their way; she knew that this wasn't going to be easy and that Arbeloa had just been the start of their problems. 

Sansa slept soundly unaware of all the drama that was coming their way, it wasn't going to be simple and Katelyn feared that by the time that this was over that she would lose Iker and Sergio. 

Katelyn quietly left the nursery and headed for the living room, she was tired but she didn't want to take another nap; she wanted nothing more than to help out in some way. 

Ever since her initiation Katelyn felt like she had been put on a back burner by Iker and Sergio; she might have her gang tattoo but it didn't feel like it meant much. 

Katelyn grumbled to herself toying with the idea to seek out Sofia and maybe ask her sister-in-law to do some training with her; she didn't want to rely on Iker and Sergio for everything. 

Katelyn still didn't know much about Sofia, she guessed that the blonde was tough since the entire gang seemed to respect her and she could tell that she was close with Marcelo. 

Katelyn was being to think that she was nothing more than a babysitting project for them now; she was talented with computers and good at hacking, she was sure that there was some way that she could help them out.

***

"Are you ever going to tell me what is going on?" Katelyn asked approaching Iker when his meeting was finished, she nodded to Sofia as she walked passed the other blonde; she still wasn't sure what to make of her. 

Katelyn focused completely on Iker, she wasn't sure what he expected her to do but she was getting tired of sitting around with nothing to do; they had brought Luisa back with them and the woman was doing all of the house work. 

"It's nothing for you to worry about," Iker replied trying to distract Katelyn, he didn't want her to worry and he wished that there was some way to end this without a war starting; he didn't like what Sofia had told him during their meeting. 

Katelyn gritted her teeth, she was getting tired of being shut out by her husbands and she wasn't pregnant anymore; she wanted to help even if it was just a little and she was sure that they could use all the help that they could get. 

Katelyn spotted Sofia and Marcelo leaving the room, she watched them go wondering if there was something going on between them; she was hoping to bond with the other woman since the apartment was filled with too much testosterone. 

"I want to help," Katelyn insisted turning her attention back to Iker, her fingers moving to trace her tattoo; she wanted to do something, anything and she wished Iker would just tell her what was going on. 

Iker sighed watching Katelyn, he knew that she was getting bored but the last thing that he wanted was for anything to happen to her; he hated to think of Mourinho targeting his family especially with the help of some London based gang.

"Iker please... not knowing is killing me," Katelyn begged wanting to make him see that not knowing was worse than knowing, she stared up at him and recalled the first time that they had met.

 Katelyn was surprised about how quickly things had changed for her, she never would have thought this was how her life would turn out; she had only known Sergio and Iker for seventeen months and yet she was married and they had a daughter together. 

"Please," Katelyn whispered not being able to take it anymore, she didn't feel like his wife anymore instead a prisoner in her own home; she hated this and she wished that there was some way that she could change it. 

Iker shook his head, the last thing that he wanted was for Katelyn to worry about what was going on; he wanted to protect her from the horrors of his full world. 

Sergio might have given Katelyn a bit of defence and gun training but it wasn't going to be enough if she was put in harm's way; Iker had asked his men to keep a close eye on his family for that reason. 

Katelyn stared at Iker for a moment before she huffed and stormed away, he was starting to remind her of her father and she knew that wasn't a good thing; she needed a break to calm down before she said something that she would regret.

Iker watched her leave, he groaned fearing that Katelyn was going to do something stupid and he hoped that she would stay in the apartment; he looked over at Sergio who nodded his head, he had done the right thing to keep their wife out of trouble.

***

Katelyn grumbled to herself as she messed with the ice cream that she had stolen from the freeze, she hadn't spoken to Iker or Sergio instead avoiding them while she tried to work out what to do next. 

Katelyn wished that they could see that she didn't need protecting all the time, she wasn't completely defenceless and she was capable of doing something to help their gang; she wanted to be seen as more than their wife. 

Katelyn peeked at the clock as she heard the front door open and close, it was late and she had no doubts that Iker and Sergio were sound asleep. 

Sofia rounded the corner and blinked surprised to see her sister-in-law awake, she had just gotten back from her date with Marcelo and she hadn't been expecting anyone to be up. 

Sofia eyed the carton of ice cream that Katelyn was holding, she moved to get herself a spoon before sitting down close to the other woman wondering what was going on. 

"Want to talk about it?" Sofia offered eyeing Katelyn, the two hadn't really talked since she had arrived two days earlier and she knew that had to change. 

Sofia was a little unsure about how to deal with the fact that she wasn't the only high ranking woman in the Los Merengues anymore; it seemed odd and she was going to have to get used to it. 

"Nope," Katelyn replied with a shake of her head, she offered Sofia some ice cream; she wasn't in the mood for talking about how annoyed she was right now. 

Sofia took a spoon of ice cream and wondered what her dork of an older brother had done this time; she had a feeling that Katelyn was being left out of the loop for a reason. 

"We should go shopping tomorrow. Just the two of us," Sofia suggested remembering that Christmas was only a couple of days away, she had no plans to visit her parents or elder siblings; they were all too busy living their own lives to care. 

Katelyn stared at Sofia for a moment before she nodded her head, she would do anything to get out of the apartment for a while.