Heartbeat

FILLER CHAPTER

Eleanor's POV
I ate some of the pasta I cooked earlier and just put the rest in the fridge. I was supposed to eat with Noah but he's not home yet. I want to call him but don't want to seem desperate, so I just climb into bed.

Noah POV
My results were much worse than last time. The cancer is spreading pretty fast and Phil is stressing me out so much. He's just doing his job but I'm really f*cking scared.

I should've been home three hours ago, but I couldn't tell Eleanor about this yet. I'm just terrified of what's gonna happen to me.

I was sitting against the wall outside smoking. It's horrible for me, but it's better than heroin. As I inhale the smoke, I look up at the stars. Whenever something bad or significant happens to me, I have flashbacks of Nana and me.

FLASHBACK
"You have a beautiful voice, Noah.
Your mother would be so proud!" I smiled as Nana sat in the garage listening to me sing. "Do I sound good? Like to sing." I asked pushing my scene hair back. "Yeah! Sweetie you sound like an angel. Why don't you come sing in church?" I play with my fingers before looking up at her.
"They don't like me up there, Nana...
I'll probably join a band or something." She nods in understanding before hugging me.
"Don't give up, sweetie... life is hard, but you're stronger. Only you can make that decision, you fight or die as a quitter, I know you're gonna be the fighter." I smiled as we pull away......

END FLASHBACK
If Nana said I'd die as a fighter, then I will... or at least try.

I stomp my cigarette into the concrete before tossing it in the trash and grabbing my keys. I just need to pray and try to believe I'll be ok......

AN HOUR LATER
I eventually found the strength to open the door and face Eleanor, she's probably worried. As I lock the door, I see the kitchen lights on. I remove my jacket and see Eleanor walking down to me. "Noah, baby what happened? " she asked in worry as we hug. "I'm sorry for worrying you. " I whispered into her ear while rubbing her back. "Baby, what did they say?" I really don't want to tell her this.
"Noah? " she lifts my chin to meet her eyes. "It's spreading.... I have a year according to Phil " her eyes look so sad. "A year? " I nod as she hugs me tightly. "Noah, you have many more years ahead of you." I bury my face into her head as her tiny fingers trace down my back. "I'm gonna believe you, baby girl." I kiss her forehead before we slowly walk to the bed.

"There's pasta if you're hungry."
"I just want to hold you." A small smile appears on her face as I lie down and pull her onto my chest.
"You're so beautiful, Eleanor." Her beautiful face lights up with that gorgeous smile. "Noah, you're too good for me." I shake my head and kiss her before she lies down on me.
"You're always going to be an angel. One beautiful woman with a gorgeous smile and a perfect heart." I kiss her forehead a few times as our fingers intertwine together. "It sounds like someone's got the love bug." I laughed, she knows how to respond to everything. "Sounds like someone's a smart *ss. " she giggles before kissing my nose. "You know me too well." It's so nice to have her back in my life. I actually think I need her sympathy more than anything.

We kissed a few more times before pulling the blankets up and falling asleep....