Chapter 40

Jisoo

As we walk around the new city Miyeon is living in, I realize a few things.

1º I no longer feel anything for her;

2º There is no way to maintain a relationship if I cannot imagine a future with her;

3º She doesn't feel the same way about me either;

4º We are both accommodated;

5º We seem more like friends than girlfriends.

I'm sure she wants to break up, but she doesn't want to be the one to blame for everything coming to an end.

It's very visible when a person no longer cares, even though she continue to be as jealous and controlling as she were before.

Miyeon, at first, was patient and calm, but over time she became controlling, authoritarian and spoiled. Thinking about it, I feel a little deceived. At least Jennie always made it clear who she was and didn't pretend to be someone she wasn't, I see that now.

But now, when Miyeon wants to argue just because she's bored, I don't give a damn if she wants to fight or not. If she want to fight, fight alone, I'd rather go to sleep.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I realize all of this.

Apparently, the burden of being a son of a bitch and always ending relationships will be on me.

Well, Jennie was the only one who broke up with me.

Why am I thinking about her?

"What's?" Miyeon looks at me with half-closed eyes.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about some things." I give a nervous smile. She always seems to know when I'm thinking about Jennie.

"Which things?" I let out a sigh and look back at the comings and goings of people. We are in a coffee shop at the airport while we wait for my boarding time.

"Us." I look back at her, who looks away and shifts in her chair. Miyeon knows what's about to happen.

"What do you mean?"

"You know."

"No." She looks at me again with a raised eyebrow.

"We want different things." I say and she remains silent "We don't like each other like we used to, Miyeon"- She looks away and I give a half smile when I realize I'm right. I won't need to feel so guilty because she won't suffer anyway.

"I'm not doing well, mentally ." she sighs and I take a sip of my cappuccino "I miss my friends, the life I had in my old city."

"I know."

"I think I might have depression, I intend to go to the doctor to talk about it." I remember the dream with Jennie and I shudder. "What?"

"Nothing, I think depression is something serious and if you have your suspicions, you should get help as soon as possible."

"I know, things are very different now and I don't know if I can maintain this relationship anymore." she says slowly.

"It's better to put an end to everything now and you can focus on taking care of yourself, I can't be selfish and demand something from you that you can't give, in the same way that I can't give you what you want." Miyeon says nothing "So I think it's better that we break up, I have no problem taking the blame for the breakup since you didn't have the courage to break up."

"It's always you who breaks up with people, Sooya." She gives a sad smile and I furrow my eyebrows. I thought she would be happy to get rid of me, I think I demand a lot from her and she is not capable of reciprocating. "But you know, you've evolved a lot since we started dating."