Chapter 24

Jisoo

"Hi, Jen." I say as I go down the gym stairs and answer the call.

"Are you ok? You look breathless." Jennie says with a still slurred voice.

"Yes, I just did sit-ups and I'm heading downstairs."

"My brain hasn't even woken up and you've already exercised." I hear her yawn and I end up smiling "Sometimes I think you don't even sleep."

"I sleep soundly and take naps when my toxic boss doesn't ask me to work" I let out a laugh when I hear her laughing at me "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, but I wanted to sleep more."

"You always do, Jen."

"There is a lot of accumulated sleep that I need to replace."

"When you finish college, do you intend to do these shifts?"

"As much as it pay well, I don't think it's worth it, I get very lost and tired with it."

"That's my girl! Mainly because you don't eat well or drink water."

"I'm always drinking water!" Jennie responds in a defensive tone.

"So you assume you don't eat well?" I let out a laugh and hear her snort angrily.

"Damn, Jisoo, but I've improved my diet since you started fighting with me about it."

"For the record, I don't fight, I just want you to eat well and take care of yourself since I'm not around to do that."

"Yet." she responds simply and I don't understand.

"What?" I frown as I walk back home.

"You're not close yet." Jennie says and my heart accelerates when I hear her say it so naturally.

"Yes, yet." I let out a passionate sigh.

"Chu, I need to get ready to go to the hospital."

"Oh, it went by so quickly."

"I thought so too, I like talking to you."

"I like talking to you too, Jen."

"I always feel embarrassed at these moments" she says in a slightly lower tone, making me laugh.

"Okay, I'll let you go take a shower so you won't be late. Good job, Jen!"

"Eat your breakfast and rest, you must have worked out a lot today." she says in an angry tone. "And good work to you too, Chu."

"Yes, bossy lady."

"You're very silly, bye, Chu."

"Bye, Jen." I end the call and stare at the screen for a few seconds until I realize that I'm already getting home.

"You took a long time today!" Lisa says as soon as I open the door.

"I was in contact with Jennie, that's why I got tangled up."

"How are things?"

"Well, we're getting better. She is letting go more and being affectionate in her own way." I lean on the counter and let out a sigh.

"I think it's cute to see you so in love."

"And how can I not fall in love with her? It's something I can't control."