47. Add the bad luck

I woke up by sharp edges hitting my back. Those puppy books were playing with each other while not carrying that I needed some sleep. Even the growl of the mother it was no use, I had to get up and reached for the door.

The minute it was opened the whole mansion was in chaos. It was worse than yesterday. All villains hired for the wedding were running around decoration the whole place to the smallest detail. From all this I didn't see Flug standing beside me holding a clipboard, "Morning Y/N, AH!"

Out of reflex I hit his harm, "Geez Flug!"

"Do I have to get used to that in the morning?"

I growled, "If you sneak around like this, yes."

"I didn't sneak around. Lord Black hat expects you to be in his office...right now."

Looking down on me first I looked back up, "Like this?"

"He probably will see more of you in the future, AH! What was that for?!" He rubbed his cheek as my hand collided with it.

"For talking too much."

Walking around in a PJ was less embarrassing as in a night gown, however the stares where there. Even from Black hat who sighted at the appearance.

"Had a good night" he asked, sounding like a caring husband...that he is not.

"Why do you want to know?"

He smiled wide, "Did you get your wedding gift?"

Gift? Thinking back, I don't know what he is talking about. He held up a book while waving it at me.

"You...that was you?!"

Apparently Flug had found a book that tried to destroy valuable documents. Black hat decided to keep it imprisoned in my private room. Until it happened. Black hat looked at the book in hand, "Although we still don't know where that particular book came from...but...we can use the offsprings to find out." I wanted to ask him about that as he slammed the book shut.

"But for now, we got a wedding today."

I rolled my eyes at his smile, "Yeah, I knew there was something today."

"Shouldn't you be in your dress?"

"Probably, but it is said that it is bad luck for the husband to see his bride in her dre..."

I paused for a second.

"...don't move I will be right back!"

Now it was my time to scare Flug running towards him, "Flug! AH!"

It seems his reflexes are as good as mine. I rubbed my cheek, "Sorry."

"What's the hurry? Do you want to get married that bad?"

"No, just get me into the dress" I demanded. The doc has no idea what I wanted but to help into the dress alone was really embarrassing for him. He never seen me reveal so much of my underwear. I barked at him to get a grip. I trusted Flug to behave and he truly was a gentleman, mainly doing most of the things with his eyes closed. Now fully clothed I left in a hurry. Flug was still standing there with his eyes shut and holding out his hands, "Y/N, where did you go? Is this one of your pranks?"

My time was short, so I had to make the best of it.

Storming into the office, Black hat was still there. It seemed he obeyed me...for once. Twirling around he looked a little confused "And what is the meaning of this?"

I kept twirling with a smile" Just hoping that it will give me a lot of bad luck from you seeing me in my dress." Assuming for some mean comment I gasped. The moment I faced him he held my hand while the other went around my waist. We started to dance with each other. Unlike him I was confused, "What are you doing?"

"Just giving you the bad luck, you deserve."

"We don't have to dance for this...especially not that close." Plus, I warned him not to touch me.

"I just danced with my wife, there is nothing inappropriate in that."

I stuck my tongue out before leaving him at the office. After all I had to get ready for the wedding. Although I was hoping that the amount of bad luck will ruin our honeymoon. One look outside the window was clear enough that there was no escape. Flug had to use all the hatbots to keep me from running away. Sitting before a massive mirror the hairdresser entered. She stood behind me with a smile, "How would you like your hair?"

"How? I got one yesterday" I said confused.

She laughed, "Of course, but your husband wanted you to decide for the special day." Still confused by this she told me how Black hat demanded this, "He said it should add to your bad luck charm...whatever that means."

"Trust me, that makes two of us" I said taking the less painful option of a hairstyle. Demencia arrived an hour later in a dark cocktail dress which is slightly torn at the ends. She was amazed how I looked begging the villains in the room to do the same with her. Worried they all stare at me. I just laughed it off with a shrug, "Hey, it adds to my bad luck charm. Give the girl what she wants."

At this point Demencia looked exactly like me, with wedding dress and all. I just wished she could have also replaced me at the altar. Not that she would refuse. Although....

"Hey Dem. Would you do me a favor?"

She looked at me irritated before I whispered in her ear, "It will involve Black hat."

"I am in!"

Flug who was the massive hearts in Dementia's eyes, he looked at me in panic, "What are you up to Y/N?"

"Nothing that my husband cannot handle" I grinned.