5. Sleepy mistake

At 7 am Abigail came into my room only to find me on the floor sleeping. She never seen me like this before, surrounded by countless empty chocolate bars and a pack of milk next to me. Abby pulled me up and shook me lightly, "Wake up N/Y".

"Hmmmm" I groaned, keeping my eyes closed.

If she had let, go my body would collapse in an instant. Instead, she threw me onto my bed, making strong coffee and wakes me up half an hour later.... with an air horn.

I could have killed her for this.

I knew she was evil to begin with but this devious towards me was a whole new level...that cow. At work wasn't it any different. While everyone was working on their assignments, I drooled over the counter, snoring like a wild animal. Nico pinched my cheek, only to make me growl, "What happened to her?"

Abby shrugged, "I found her like this in her room. It seems she didn't get much sleep tonight."

Behind Nico appeared Ada looking stunned, "Wow she really knows how to make a scene". And she wasn't wrong about that. The customers were amused as well as disgusted by my behaviour. It got worse as Nico got his phone out making a video. Ada shook her head in disbelief, "you're not putting this into your channel, are you?"

"Why not? This might get a few likes"

"You might get constant pain once Y/N finds out. Speaking of that, don't you have a laptop anymore?" She nodded referring to use her phone instead. Abby didn't like that one bit and tired to snatch it off Nico's hand. Out of the blue, someone one beat her to it, holding the device in his hand.

"This isn't nice what you do here ladies"

Ada and Nico's eyes sparkled with joy, "Goldheart!"

Looking down on me his hand stoked my hair tenderly, "What happened?"

Abby repeated herself how she found me, as he sighted loud, "She was out last night but to see her in this state worries me." For the girls was this a big surprise. Nico asked him what he meant by that. He described it as a rescue mission to save me from the evil that roams the earth, but that he almost gave me a heart attack was left out. Ada and Nico's heart melted in his grasp, while Abby clicked her tongue. She doesn't like him one bit and couldn't believe what she heard. Goldheart wished for them to leave me be and not to make any silly videos, photos, or anything else to me. This really pulled on their heartstrings, getting jealous of his attention towards me. In the meantime, I just rolled around and on to the ground behind the counter, continue to snore loudly. Ada and Nico advised Abby to take care of me as they both left to do their job. Abigail was for once an angel to let me sleep till later afternoon. Takin over my job for the time being no one seems to care. While the other girls have left, Abby and I took over the night shift. Today was it only till 6pm so in a few hours I can continue to sleep in my bed.

The last two hours was the shop quiet, with only a handful of customers present. One more arrived in the last hour, turning the atmosphere to ice. The light whispers of the customers faded as they all faced the stranger at the entrance. Still too tired to realise, Abby had dropped all the book she held, staring at the person before her, "L-L-Lord Black hat!"

He nodded while smiling wide at her, "Good evening, is my order ready?"

Abby doesn't know what he means excusing herself for a minute to get me. As I stood before the dangerous shelf...asleep.

"Y/N I need your help...are you sleeping?!"

"Huh? No....no...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

She had no more patience shaking me wildly, "Black hat is here, did you finish his order?"

"Order? A yes...that one..."
"Wake up damn it!"

"I got it yesterday. His books didn't arrive just yet. Well except one" My finger went into the small gap between the glass and the books. As quick as possible Abby pulled on my arm before my finger got bitten, "You are in no state to serve anyone tonight. Go home."

"But my shift"

"It is over in one hour, just go Y/N. I deal with this."

"...ok..." moving from side to side I didn't even realize that all customers have walked out of the store. They did it quietly not to enrage the evillest villain in this place. Unfortunately, I wasn't so clever and thought he was some random customer like the rest. I fist bump his shoulder and saluted him, "A Good night to you Sir!" With my eyes not even looking at him I would have realized my mistake.

Black hat was frowning at Abby as she had seen what I done. She apologized so many times for my stupid behaviour fearing the worst. Giving him the cursed book that was now under lock and key, he left without a word. Abby was too scared to ask him to pay for it, putting it on my card.

"Oh Y/N, what have you done?"

Not long after I arrived at home. Throwing my shoes across the room and jumped into my bed, I was happy to feel all the heavy weight off my body and sank into the mattress with delight. Grabbing my biggest plushie to cuddle, it felt odd. I can't recall that I had one with fur. Moving my hand over it I felt teeth. Opening my eyes, I screamed my heart out.

That cursed book was in my bed tearing up my plushies. But it wasn't enough, it wanted more. From the outside it sounded like someone was about to get murdered, but all I did was scream while running away from this hideous monster. Meanwhile a certain someone was enjoying the scene laughing out loud, "A good night to you too dearest".