61. Bad behaviour

In the middle of nowhere he held me closer to his body. The kiss was innocent and yet lasted forever. Or so it seems. As I let go my cheeks were bright red and my body heated up. I expected him to make fun of my behavior but instead he took his coat off and put it on me. That way I could hide my red face from his sight who laughed lightly at the sight. At least he didn't comment this. 

For the rest of the ride, I sat at the front of the boat while he stayed back guiding us to our destination. At the same time the crocodiles followed us like dolphins a boat. Thankfully they didn't decide to hop on and eat me. Knowing Black hat, he would allow it just to see me scared again. One got a little close, so I took my shoe off and hit his head with it. My husband couldn't hold back his chuckle at this. No surprise there, I was still shocked from the fall and had no sympathy for the animal at this moment. At the end we arrived safe and sound.

It looked like a house build into a massive tree.

Knowing this from movies and books I expected that an old woman lives inside he had business with. Black hat held his hand out for me to grab it. For his own enjoyment he lets go and I almost feel into the swamp again. Holding on to his vest for dear life he expected me to get close again.

"Don't push it" I growled, slightly pushing him back.

It did not stop him to wrap his arm around my shoulder. We went over to the house and knocked on the door. He was too fast as I wanted to bet on who lives here. To my luck I would have lost this one. A tall...very tall and handsome man opened the door. Curiously I looked inside in every direction. Black hat leaned over me whispering, "Something the matter, dear?"

I nodded, "This man doesn't live here. Where is the old woman?"

Handsome looked irritated, "Old woman?"

How I came to that conclusion? That man was way too tall for the house, as he had to duck most of the time. Only at the center of the room he could stand up straight. Not convinced with this I checked out every corner for that old woman. Black hat and handsome looked at me amused before getting down to business. With me occupied Black hat turned his back to me facing the man, "One year and your debts have grown..."

The tall man wanted to give his reasons on why he was behind but black hat stops him, "...you can pay it off in one go." Interested the man listens.

"This island needs a shield in two days. No one gets in..." his voice turned menacing, "...and no one gets out."

The tall man wasn't allowed to ask questions but sees no problem to obey black hats wish. Now they both looked back at me who opened every single door in that house, "She's got to be here somewhere."

The man asked my husband curiously, "You did not tell her my mother had passed away fifty years ago?"

Black hat shrugged, "Who cares...her debts are still open."

Handsome nodded not feeling comfortable to be reminded of that massive payment his mother left behind. None then less he wished us a nice trip through the woods, gladly to see black hat leave his house. I apologized before leaving for the mess I made opening every door and cupboard. The tall man chuckled, "How can a man have a woman like you?"

"Yeah, it's a curse" I laughed closing the door.

"A curse, eh?" Black hat startled me as his face was inches away from mine.

Back on the boat I watched him grin again. It disturbed me as well as all the crocodiles following once more. This time I sighted loud while looking ahead, "It is sure nice out here". Black hat chuckled, "What are you up to?"

"Nothing" I said getting up.

Walking towards him I placed my hand on his chest, "What I said earlier about this being a curse..."

"Yes?"

"... you know it doesn't have to stay that way." Leaning forward I kissed his lips again. He did not resist and lets me have my way. It didn't last though, as I stopped and grinned wide, "We can solve this...with an accident." That said I pushed him off the boat. The crocodiles attacked him in an instant. If it works for me, it can work for him, right? His body sank fast as the crocodiles went down with him. The hat was floating on the water.

Silence filled the swamp.

"Wow..." I said after a while, "...did I really do that?" The thought of killing someone was easy but murdering my husband, that was a whole new side to me. Scared of myself I sat down and held on to my legs. I should feel happy that he was gone, causing thousands and thousands of villains and children harm.

Why the hell do I feel guilty???

"...My turn..."

I jumped at the sound looking over my shoulder. There he sat behind me while I sat between his legs and my back against his wet chest. He grabbed my chin and kissed my lips. This time it wasn't as innocent as mine...it was passionate. Around our boat the water turned red, with not a single crocodile in sight. His arm held me in place as our kiss got more heated up.

My mind was blank....