45. A change of date

That night I had one nightmare after another. They all had black hat in them humiliating me over and over again. The last one woke me up as he embarrassed me on our wedding day. I screamed at this scene as my stomach twisted and turned.

Flug didn't know what happened as he entered the bedroom door while I ran past him, "Out of my way!!!!!" Not even demencia could stand as I body slammed her against the wall. No offense, my body was working against me.

Inside the bathroom I grabbed on to the toilet for dear live. Flug dared to knock on the door, "Is everything okay Y/N?"
Trying to answer with words my stomach did it for me in sounds.

The doc rubbed his head concerned, "Of course not. Today is the day of all days."

"What?" Was all I could spit out at some point. He wanted to continue until he heard me walking.

Opening the door soon after, the doc looked at my pale face. I guess I cleared more than my stomach, leaving my soul in there as well. He joined me in the kitchen and made for us some tea. Of course Demencia poured sugar in it for the taste, making it into syrup instead. I took a sip and leaned back to relax. Unaware that this was just a precaution to announce the news.

"I got something to tell you" Flug looked worried "Lord Black hat said I should tell you."

"Flug just get it over with. I am trying to enjoy this cup of tea in peace."

Of course knowing black hat he had nothing good to tell...

"Well the date has moved"

...and I was right.

"What date?" I know it was obvious what he meant but to the doc it was helpful to answer more clear than being all shaky and nervous. Black hat just decided to move the wedding to tomorrow. Today was for all arrangements to get together while I had to get all the special treatments to look my best. It wouldn't sound so bad but the face to be married to that guy sooner didn't help at all. My tea time was ruined.

"You can enjoy your last day of freedom"
Chirping could be heard as me, demencia and 505 looked at him annoyed. As if we are actually free here.

Suddenly he laughed embarrassed "Sorry that didn't came out right"

I placed the cup down "Flug I appreciate that you're trying to do your best here but nothing can change this nightmare."

Leaving the kitchen my body was shaking. My fist clenched as I stomped to the office. Black hat already left for the morning tasks so he was there. Despite my anger I politely knocked on the door before entering. He sat at his desk going through some papers.

My presence didn't seem to bother him.

"What us the big idea!?" I yelled slamming my hands on the desk. He didn't even flinch at the sound while answering bored "Something the matter my dear?"

It sounded caring but we all know he doesn't.

"Yes, it's my husband that is changing dates, sabotaging contracts, breaking rules and humiliating me at any time you see fit!"

He shrugged "You humiliate yourself being pathetic."

"I am not going through with this until changes are made"

His eye finally looked up, his hand stopped writing "Are you giving me orders?" His tone showed signs of rage.

I breathed hard not to lose my courage here "You have no right to decide everything over my head. If we are supposed to be married we decide everything together." Somehow it sounded to nice while my stomach agreed with a twist.

Black hat slowly rose from his chai looking angry himself, "Don't test my patience dear."

"I am sick and tired of you bossing me around!"

His form changed all of a sudden. Now he was as tall as the room looking scary. Both arms on his side making it more terrifying "You are disobeying me?!"

I breathed hard to stand solid. My legs were shaking but my face stayed firm. I nodded with confidence as well as an angry look. Unfortunately my voice didn't join in on this sudden boost of confidence.

Fearing the worst I clenched my fist tighter to feel any sort of physical violence.

Only for black hat to turn back into his original form, looking happy "The date stands darling. I will think about the rest"

What did just happen in here?

From an angry massive tall black hat back in his nurmal size grinned at me with delight. Did something happen that I didn't know about?

Leaving the office I heard him say, "Well done my love."

It was below a whisper but it was clear enough for me to hear. Outside Flug stood there all shaking in fear. He heard us yelling fearing that I was done for. I joined him on shaking just as bad while the adrenaline went down. I hugged him tight while tears left my eyes "I am scared Flug".

Rubbing my back he whispered back "I know."

Still crying we heard the door open only to see black hat. He was disgusted of the sight. Removing the tears he clicked his tongue "Pathetic."

I growled at him, "You said you would stop this whole thing!"

"I said I think about it. As for your pathetic approach to get humiliated, this it your own doing." He walked passed us while mumbling something. Only the words 'shame' and 'last long' reached my ears. Flug didn't pay attention. His fear for black hat made him numb.

This whole scenario remained in my head while getting ready for the day tomorrow. He was in rage at first but changed the next to a creepy grin. I finally had enough courage and even more anger build up to confront him without knowing what consequences I receive. Then he quietly compliments it.

Now the previous scene crushed it all. We are aware that affection isn't his thing but to get back to the old behaviour got me puzzled. What is he expecting of me? What made him happy at that moment?"

Frustrated I closed my eyes. Only to be scared off and falling from the chair. Demencia finds it funny to show me the huggy pillow with black hat on by shoving it into my face. For a minute I thought it was the real deal.

Great, now he doesn't have to be in the same room to embarrasse me. There must be a way to stop this.