19. Bad turn of events

Thanks for Abi I had something to wear for tonight. A dark-grey blouse, a black pencil skirt and black shiny high heels. A loosened red tie is tied around my collar and some matching earrings, long red mini chains with skulls at the end. Abi wore something more revealing. Some dark grey skinny jeans, knee high heels and a wine-red blouse that exposes her belly.

The make-up had to be a little more on the natural side, as I accidentally destroyed the set while flooding the bath. None then less, we were fine with our looks. On our way, we went passed a few large robots that watched us like security people. Since we arrived hours later a few drunk women were already thrown out of the room. Apart from that it looks like a normal party.

Black hat stood at the bar while an entire crowd of women worships him.

I take it back...that is no ordinary party.

Abigail excused herself for a minute to greet the girls from the pool earlier. As we aren't friends soon, I couldn't care less, heading off to the other side of the bar, as far away from that man as possible. Although I didn't manage to reach it. Some women blocked my path looking happy at me, "Hey there gorgeous"

Trying to get passed them, they pushed me back, "Just leave me alone"

"So, you can flirt with Black hat again?"

"I told you I am not interested!"

One of the ladies pushed my arm, "Oh yeah, giving you his coat was no flirt attempt?"

"I gave it back. Just go to him and do whatever you good at"

"Not a bad idea..." she said grabbing my collar, "...but first we got to warm up." Dragging me off outside the building, I wasn't aware that Black hat had kept watching the whole time, grinning like a mad man. Abigail got us a cocktail but couldn't find me anywhere.

As my head was seeing the inside of a toilet. Hair was cut off; clothes were torn, and my heels had been broken off. To them this was the harmless warning I received, if I try to mess with them again, it will get worse. Pleased at my look they left me there.

Being around villains wasn't new to me but being the target of them was never an issue. Probably because I had heroes that will step up to them if I get into trouble. On this island, I was hopelessly free to be tortured by anyone and no one will help me. On tip toes I went back to our room. This was no party and I have no interest to stay any longer. Inside I got into Abi's Hawaiian dress and some ballerinas. Packing my small bag, I headed off to the gates of the resort.

Obviously, there was no fair in sight and there won't be one till the next day. At this point, all I wanted is to stay away from everyone, even sleep at the beach if I must.

The bullies are giving black hat the news feeling pleased by his compliment. They expected him to say more but then, his gaze went over to Flug at the bar, "Doctor, drinks for the ladies". Stunned, they watched as he left the party.

As expected, I fell asleep at the beach, unaware of the two tentacles crawling towards my feet.

Abigail kept looking around for me, she even asked the bullies who lied to her where I could be. Concerned she placed the cocktails on the counter at on her way to our room as black smoke appeared before her. Shivering as Black hat came into sight, she backed off. He acted all friendly towards her, touching her hand, "I told you your business is done."

"She is still my friend, Sir."

His monocle glowed bright red, while his grin widened further, "She is no one's friend anymore." This terrified her. Pulling her hand off his claw like gloved, she ran away.

While I had a weird dream, feeling a little itchy on my back. Was I moving? Wait...is that water at my feet? Waking up, a massive octopus looked at me. Normally I would find it cute, but the fact that it pulled me towards his mouth doesn't make this scene any better. Screaming for help, it pulled faster. My toenail has already touched his teeth...a stick hit its tentacle.

The octopus gave out a horrific sound of pain, releasing me in an instant. Pleased to be still alive I got back on my knees, ready to thank my savior for help. Only to scream out in horror.

It was HIM. Standing there with his cane, bowing at me like a gentleman.

Turning around, preparing to run in the opposite direction, his cane got a hold of my neck. With one pull I was flat on my back.

"And where do you think you are going?"

I pointed the other way, "As far away from here..." then towards him "...and from you."

"Don't you like the party?"

Shaking my head, I tapped against his cane that was inches away from my head, "No and besides, pulling a ladies neck isn't the gentleman's way." He held his hand out to help me up, but I pushed it away. Clenching it together he chuckled, "Neither is refusing a gentleman's offer to help."

"Why can't you all just leave me alone?!"

My words chocked as the end of his cane was close to my face, "You have no privileges to demands this." Using his cane to pull me towards him, his hand held my wrist firm. It was awful how he pulled me towards the party. Looking back at my bag, it got eaten by that Octopus once we were out of reach. Before we entered, he eyed me from top to bottom, "You sure know how to kill someone with that look." Not sure what he meant, as this was a normal Hawaiian dress and ballerinas. I panicked as some black substance went over his hand over to my body. Keeping me in place it covered me entirely. A minute later and it crawled down to my feet, showing off a new dress. A mixture of red and black with black ballerinas. The logo of his organization placed widely at the side of the dress.

"That will do"

With one push, I was trapping into the center of the dancefloor. The music turned down and the women stared at me in disbelief. The bullies were close to have a fit. Looking at Black hat I wasn't surprised. He took off his coat, holding his hands towards me, "May I have this dance, my dear?"