56

me and leah got in the car and drove to the airport. we waited in arrivals for lily. she messaged us that she was off the plane and getting her bags so she shouldn't be too long.

while we waited, we spoke about mia, the little girl from the hospital.

"vanessa told me she's been thrown around foster homes. she needs a good home where she is safe and loved." leah told me.

"hopefully we could provide that for her" i said.

"it's going to be a long process though. and we will need to speak to lily about it" leah said. i nodded in agreement.

i spotted lily and she came over to us. her eyes looked red as if she's been crying.

we both hugged her tightly. this is always going to be hard while they live in different countries. long distance sucks.

"it's going to be okay sweetheart" leah said, kissing her head.

"you'll see her soon, easter holidays are coming up anyway in april" i said. only 2 months.

"i know it's just hard. i really miss her" lily said.

we went to the car and sat in.

"what's the news on the leg" she asked

"broken, out for 5 months" i said.

"damn that's a long time" she said. i hummed in agreement.

when we got home we gave her some food that we saved for her. she sat and petted simba. he missed her while she was away.

"baby we have something to speak to you about" leah said.

"shit okay" she said nervously.

"your not in trouble don't worry" i laughed.

"oh thank god" she sighed. "go on"

"we were wondering if you would be open to potentially having a sister?" i said.

"really?" she asked. i nodded.

"there's this little girl, 9 years old, mia. she's been in the system for a long time. she's been around in a lot of foster homes and they want to find her a good home, a safe home" leah explained.

"i'd love to have a little sister" she said.

"that's great then. i'll get in contact with vanessa and see what we can do" leah said.

leah spoke to vanessa telling her that we would like to foster mia. she told us that the company would have to do an inspection to check if the house is safe and if we're suitable to take care of her.

they said that in 3 days they will send someone over to do it.

we have 3 days to make sure our house is completely safe for a 9 year old child.

we went to bed a while later.

i was laying in bed with my massive boot out of the duvet in the middle of the bed.

"that's not annoying" leah joked. i looked at her without speaking

"too soon?" she said. "i'm sorry my love."

she wrapped her arms around me and held me as we slept.

the next few days we're not easy. i was struggling to get around the house on my crutches.

all of us tidied things up and prepared for the inspection.

the woman arrived. she looked in her 50s. she gave a huge smile when i opened the door.

"hi i'm edith, i'll be doing your inspection" she said.

"hi i'm sophia, come in" i said. "this is my fiancé leah and our daughter lily"

she looked around the house to see if it was a safe environment while writing things down in a notebook.

then she sat down on the sofa with us. she gave us some scenarios and we answered them well.

"right i'm done here. i've got to send this off and someone, i think vanessa will be in contact with you soon" she said.

i showed her to the door and said goodbye to her.

"that went well. i think we're good" leah said.

"there's still going to be a few more things they need to do before they just give us her" i said.

"yeah i know but it's a step forward right" she said.

"yeah" i nodded.

it's around 3pm. i decided to go to arsenal today and speak the medical staff and the physios.

leah drove me there and we got out and went inside.

i spoke to the medical staff and told them that it's a break. they said that they will check on me a couple of times every week and see my progress. then i went to the physio emma. i basically repeated what i told sam, the medic.

"this isn't good. we'll make you a schedule to keep up your fitness and when the medics or the hospital say you can start to train on it again, we'll update that schedule" she said.

"thank you emma" i said.

"that's what i'm here for" she said. "no literally, it's my job"

me and leah laughed and then we left.

as we walked through towards the car we noticed katie.

"oi mccabe" i shouted.

"fucking hell sophia, what's the news" she said, waiting for me and leah to catch up to her.

"broken, at least 5 months" i said.

"damn wishing you a speedy recovery" she said.

"what are you doing here, gyms closed and training isn't on today" leah asked.

"lauryns asked me to do something. you have to promise me you won't tell anyone, not even lily. especially not lily" she said.

"go on" i said cautiously.

"lily wants to move here after this school year so she asked if she could join arsenal" katie said.

"omg that's amazing. we'll finally have a good irish player" i teased.

"oi you." she said.

"only joking but nah actually that's really good." i said.

"yeah, jonas said she probably won't be on the first team anyway. i expected that and told her to expect that too" she said.

"still it's good. then her and lily can be closer and the distance won't be a struggle for them" leah said.

"yeah. how is lily by the way" she asked.

"she's doing alright. just really misses lauryn" i said.

"yeah same with lau" she said.

"hopefully soon it won't have to be like that though" leah said.

"yeah" katie nodded.

"right i've got to go. caitlin's at home waiting for me so i'll see youse tomorrow" she said.

"bye katie" i said.

"see yous" she said and went into her car.

we went into leah's car and she drove us home.

a/n: guys we reached 100k reads!
thank you so much for reading and interacting with my stories

please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas that you want me to write about. if you don't want to comment feel free to leave me a private message