Chapter 65: Catching Up

Rera had informed Ashe and Rinea of her stay in Liyue via Loki. She decided to take a break from the land of freedom and return to the city of contracts. The familiar air of Liyue filled her with nostalgia and the scent of the ocean calmed her.

Rera had settled into the guest room and wanted to use it again. But much to her surprise, the room was spotless. The shelves were clean and sorted, the bed was made, and the tables and chairs had little to no dust. The floor was shiny, the windows had no marks, the closet was organized, and the bathroom was just as clean.

"Ah, ever since you left, I have kept the room tidy in case you return." Zhongli spoke standing behind her.

"You didn't have to..." Rera mumbled, a little happy.

"I have quite a lot of time on my hands. I might as well use it to fix your room."

"Wait- my room?" Rera repeated, a little confused. "No no, this is the guest room..."

"In my eyes, it will always be your room." He smiled, patting her head.

"But I don't..."

"I do not have many guests who stay as often as you did. And I would not feel right if another were to use this room other than you."

"I don't want to prevent other people from using it though..."

"Rera, in moments like this, what have I always taught you?"

"...Thank you." She muttered.

"You are most welcome. Now then, please get dressed. We are going on a walk."

Nodding, Rera went to the closet and changed into something casual. She had many outfits because of Zhongli and Loki, so it was difficult to choose. It reminded her of the past when she first got spoiled by Zhongli. Even then, she was always grateful for his kindness.

Zhongli walked back into the living room and stood behind Loki, who was sitting on the couch.

"...Are you letting others see you like that?" Zhongli asked.

"What's wrong with it?"

"I hope you realize that no one dresses like you do. Have you no conscience?"

"Of course no one dresses like me, who is arrogant enough to dress like a god?" Loki scoffed.

"...Please change if you are coming with us."

"Do I have to?"

"I do not want the gaze of others to fall on us or Rera. The Millelith will think that you are suspicious."

"Aww~ Didn't think you'd care so much about me." Loki smirked.

"...Just change. Please."

"Fine, whatever."

Snapping his fingers, Loki changed his attire in an instant. He abandoned his God attire and wore a traditional hanfu with elegant designs. His hair was tied into a ponytail and his bangs loosely hung around his face.

"Better?" He asked.

"Much better. I must say, which dragon is depicted on your coat?" Zhongli smiled.

"None other than Rex Lapis himself. I must say, he isn't my first choice, but he has a cute design."

"..."

"...Cute?"

Before Zhongli could strangle him, Rera had finished changing and came to the living room.

"Woah, what's the occasion?" She spoke, "Loki's ego is too big to change out of his God attire, who hurt you?"

"Be quiet."