Chapter 10: Name

Will your new name be tarnished? Or will it be favored?

"Hm. It seems that I've been cornered into a difficult situation. Aah...if only I had more time...I was just about to rethink it before Loki continued time. I hope that this body won't embarrass me more than it already did..."

Other than the fact that Ruele had mysteriously turned her head, Zhongli and Venti didn't seem to notice. To them, it was like blinking. Some body parts could move faster than they could blink. Though...at the same time, it was pretty strange. But taking into consideration that she is an Adeptus with unconfirmed powers, they didn't question it. 

Taking a deep breath, Ruele mustered up the courage before speaking. But suddenly, she felt her body refuse to move. Her head was still lowered, along with her voice barely managed to say something. 

It sounded more scratched up than earlier. Was it because she was scared? Or was her voice damaged because she yelled at Loki? Well...whatever the reason, her voice won't come out clearly for now.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it! Is there anything that this body could do without being so awkward?! I thought I calmed down, but nope! This body really wants me to suffer!"

.

.

.

"Ah...But I remember this feeling though. The feeling of suffocation. The feeling of wanting to say something but nothing comes out. If I hadn't screamed for help, I was sure that no one would save me at that time..."

.

.

.

"Ah damn it! What's the point of getting all mixed up with my memories?! If I don't say anything now, then when?! Tomorrow? The day after? To hell with that! If this body won't move, then say something! Say something before I lose my damn mind!"

.

.

.

After a moment of awkward silence, she finally spoke.

"Re...r...a..." 

"Oh thank fuck! I managed to get it out! But I don't think they know what I said-"

"Rera was it?" Zhongli asked. "Is that your name?"

With a small nod, Venti looked at Zhongli with a puzzled expression. And he looked back with the same expression as well. 

From this point on, Ruele's name will be changed to Rera.

"Eh? Did I say something odd? Could it be that name is foreign here? Or does it mean something else? I wanna know..."

"If you knew your name, why'd you seem so embarrassed?" Venti queried.

"..."

"Ne...ver....sa...id....nam...e...to....peo...ple..." she responded. 

"I see..." Zhongli nodded, "How do you feel?"

"H...ur...ts...vo...ice...in...pa...in..."

"Then, in that case, I'll bring over some warm soup! Ooh, maybe some other food too!" Venti said cheerfully. "I'll be back soon!"

Hopping up from his seat, Venti dusted his hat off before placing it on his head. He made his way out of the ward, closing the door behind him as the sound echoed. However, without someone as bright and cheerful as Venti, the atmosphere in the room became very awkward.