Chapter 30: Future Planning

There is no obligation to interact with people,
yet you cannot help but be intrigued by them.

(A few days later)

As the days continue on, Rera's daily life is set back in motion. Her lessons with Zhongli, going out in the city, and so on and so forth. With Rera's intelligence, she was able to memorize and quickly learn all of the topics that Zhongli had gone over. With extra time to study for tests.

But as time went on, Rera began to grasp the basic fundamentals of this world. There are unspoken rules and ways of social life that she learned. Even going so far as to take etiquette classes from Zhongli. In reality, Rera doesn't have to do all of these extra activities. But now that she can sit back and enjoy life for a while, she might as well explore new things.

There was no contact with Ruele nor with that cat. There are no new clues about the 500-year-long Rituals as Loki is taking his time finding them. So, therefore, Rera has a lot of free time. Perhaps she may even start connections with the Liyue characters. Only a select few though.

Knock knock!

"Rera?" Zhongli's voice echoed from behind the door. "May I come inside?"

"Sure!" Rera replied, getting down from the bed.

Opening the door, Zhongli knelt down in order to see her eye to eye.

"I have received word from Cloud Retainer about a child." Zhongli spoke, "She has decided to take her in as her disciple."

"So Shenhe it is..."

"Really? Then does that mean I have a rival?"

"If you would like to put it that way, sure."

"Hmm...no wait, I'd rather be friends." Rera corrected herself.

"Friends? Haha, how nice of you."

"..."

"Is that too childish of me?"

"No no, in fact, I think that this would be a great opportunity for you." Zhongli shook his head, "I believe that making friends is a good way to look at life. Alright then, please get dressed. We will leave after we eat breakfast."

"Okay..."

(At Mt. Aocang)

"Thanks, Loki." Rera spoke.

"No problem." He nodded, "Hey birdie! Come out! I came to see- WOAH!"

"One remembers asking for Rex Lapis' presence. Not a God older than time who behaves like a childish teenager." Cloud Retainer huffed.

"Hello, Cloud Retainer!" Rera greeted, "Nice to see you again!"

"Ah, little Rera." Cloud Retainer mumbled, a little more relaxed. "How have you been faring? Is your Adeptal Energy dormant?"

"Yeah, I don't feel that weird sensation as of late." Rera nodded, "Thanks once again for your help."

"You are most welcome. Are you listening Erebus? If you show appreciation for once, maybe we wouldn't have to argue once our eyes meet."

"Huh? I wasn't listening." Loki admitted.

"You-...Ugh, nevertheless, I am in need of your help, Rex Lapis." Cloud Retainer sighed.

"Please feel free to ask." Zhongli reassured.

"Shenhe, please introduce yourself to them." Cloud Retainer spoke, looking over her shoulder.

From behind a tree, a child walked towards Cloud Retainer. She has long white hair with faded black tips. Her complexion complimented her purple/blue eyes. Giving off a soft yet calm vibe. And atop her head is a beautiful white and black headpiece.