Chapter 86: Quality Time

I can't remember how much I longed for this...

Reading in the Roseweiss library, Rera flipped through the pages of a book. The library was large, but it challenged Rera to read all of the available books. At least...the ones that didn't bore her to death. 

Training with Xiao was exhausting, yet exhilarating. There were new things to learn and habits to fix. Currently, Rera is reading a book based on elemental control, hoping it might give her some insight on how to control her Adeptal Energy. 

Absorbing the information from the book, Rera was too distracted to address the approaching footsteps. Hearing a small giggle, she felt the edge of a book tap her head, making her stop and look up.

"I'm home, Rera." Rinea smiled, fixing her dress as she knelt.

"Welcome back, mother." Rera smiled in return.

"How have you been? I haven't seen you in so long, I've missed you so much." 

"I've been alright. That reminds me! I made a new friend, his name is Albedo!"

"..."

"...A-A boy...?" Rinea chuckled awkwardly.

"Yes...?"

"A boy..." A male voice muttered.

"Haha, darling, no need to hide. Come here."

Ashe stepped closer to the two, his eyes were sharp and cold. He seemed less threatening since there was no blood on him, but his gaze would scare even Hilichurls.

"Who?" He questioned.

"U-um...Alice came by and introduced me to him. She also has a little girl now!"

"A child?!" Rinea shouted excitedly, "What does she look like?! Does she have her eyes? Oh! What about the hair color? Were her cheeks squishy and cute?!"

"Y-yes to all of them...?"

"Ah! How could Alice not tell me sooner?! When I see her, I'll-"

"Is the other one also hers?" Ashe asked.

"No...he said he was entrusted to Alice by a friend. He got accepted into the Knights of Favonius though. He has a place to stay as well."

"..."

Rinea and Ashe exchanged glances at each other, Rinea seemed more worried and Ashe seemed slightly surprised.

"Could it be..." Rinea began.

"It could be." Ashe nodded.

"What are you two talking about?"

"Ah, nothing to worry about! We just remembered something."

"...Why are you reading on the cold floor? Come, let's move to the couches." Ashe sighed, gently picking up Rera.

"What? But I like the floor!" Rera huffed.

"Your back and neck posture would be terrible. Sitting in one position for long even as a Half-Adeptus can hurt. I don't understand how you can sit like that with nothing against your back." 

"I agree!" Rinea nodded, carrying the stack of books that were next to Rera.

"...But for her...it's a comfort." Rera thought.

Recalling Melia's memories, the majority of it was spent on the cold ground. They never had proper beds or seats. All they had were the rigid walls and the rock-hard surfaces. Even the special cases did not have those.