Chapter 77: Rera Roseweiss

A dream? Or reality?
Whichever of the two, I am glad to have you by my side.

Sitting on the floor of the Roseweiss house, Rera was reading a popular book favored by readers. It seems that the famous "enemies to lovers" troupe was loved in this world. She had finished reading the first two and was currently on the third book.

By this point, the two had a child and cherished her. Rera felt her heart warm in joy and slightly sting in jealousy. Despite that, she continued to read. It was too wholesome to put down. 

Just as she was getting to the good part, she heard footsteps approaching. Quickly, she put the book back next to the pile and picked out another one. 

"Lady Rera." Erith greeted, "Why are you on the floor?"

"I like the floor."

"Doesn't your back- oh whatever, you're a Half-Adeptus. Anyway, we have some visitors."

"Who?"

"The Gunnhildr Family. Frederica Gunnhildr and her daughter, Jean."

"Shit, I did not expect them to come today..."

"Well, lookie here, more friends." Loki snickered.

"Respectfully, I lost my 50/50 to her. A LOT. Don't blame me if I dislike her just a bit."

"Girl, you threw money at Qiqi and Diluc and got them to C6 before you even got Jean."

"It was only because I wanted to be prepared."

"You wasted more than a few million on a game. You got more Primogems than the ones you got in-game!"

"Okay stop bitching please."

"Lady Rera?" Erith called.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to meet them?"

"I'm not part of the Roseweiss family. It would be odd to see a child here that's not-"

Receiving the bone-chilling glare from Erith's eyes, Rera let out a long sigh and stood up. She fixed her appearance and dusted off her dress. 

"Why do you want me to meet them so bad?"

"Her Highness insists." Erith shrugged, "Just...whatever you do, please play along with her."

"Huh?"

.

.

.

"I should've gone Adventuring if I knew this was gonna happen..."

Standing before Frederica and Jean Gunnhildr, Rinea glared at Frederica with a smile on her face and she returned it. Rinea had both of her hands on Rera's shoulders, but her grip got tighter.

"Well, it has been quite a while, Rinea." Frederica chuckled.

"Long time no see, Frederica." Rinea smiled.

"So, is this your child? I must say, she looks nothing like her parents."

"No, I'm-"

"She is. This is Rera, isn't she just beautiful?" Rinea chuckled.

"Rinea, I-"

"Oh, how lovely!" Frederica gasped, "I have been looking for a friend for my daughter. I have heard that the Roseweiss family has been keeping a child close to them as of late. Rumors are quite common."