chapter 6

The year had been calm. There was no lily. y/n and petunia went to normal schools with normal people. Neither thinking of lily.

Until they got home.

Lily was all their parents spoke about. It was 'lily sent us a letter' 'lily said classes are wonderful' and 'oh i'm so proud of lily, a witch in our family!'

It's like they forgot that they had two more kids.

y/n had a parent teacher conference day.

Neither of them showed up. They said they had slept in because they were up all night reading Lily's three foot long letter and writing one back to her.

Petunia told them she got all A+'s on her exams at the end of the school year. They said 'oh i wonder how well lily did.'

Today was the day y/n and petunia were dreading.

The 17th of june.

The day Lily gets home.

Oh how happy their parents were. Lily was walking around treating y/n like she had a reason to be jealous of her, like y/n wanted to go to a freak school.

All summer it was 'oh lily what would you like to do' 'lily how was your year' 'lily how were your exams'

y/n started only putting her hair in a high ponytail and making it vibrant yellow. They didn't notice. She cut her hair shoulder length and always had it half up sense the rest wouldn't reach while still having it vibrant yellow.

They didn't notice.

She almost copied their signature and got her septum pierced. Petunia talked her out of it.

Instead she purposely failed the most important exam.

They didn't notice. Petunia had to scold her.