37

The progressed and y/n spent most her time 'mingling' and sneaking vodka into her cup.

Regulus was required to interact with every important person there, narcissa was forced to spend the night with lucius, Barty and evan were chatting up a bunch of married pureblood women in the corner of the room.

y/n sat at a table near the food and drinks when daphine came and sat next to her.

"Hello," y/n smiled at her.

"Hi," she was panting, clearly just finished dancing. She had a huge smile on her face, and y/n recognized the look of love in her eyes as she watched her fiance chat with someone on the other side of the room.

"So," Daphine leaned forward, "who'd you come with? i dont think ive met you before."

"Oh, uhm, im one of evans friends," y/n said, she was a bit shocked when she rolled her eyes.

"I know that, but who are you with? There has to be some guy."

"Oh, regulus black,"

Her eyebrows shot up. "Regulus? Damn, you must be special then because I can swear almost every female in this room has tried to get him to sleep with them and they were unsuccessful. Though the sex part didn't start till recently, he had girls drooling over him when he was in I think second year and he just turned a blind eye to them. Pissed his father off but his mum always seemed to look as if she knew something."

"Well, if we're looking at me compared to anyone else here, I'm sort of special considering I'm a metamorphmagus," she said with a smile.

"Oh really?" she leaned forward excitedly.

"Yah, watch this." she changed her eye colour from e/c to blue to brown then pink and purple then back to e/c.

Daphine gasped, "oh, I wish I could do that. What's the most crazy thing you've done with your abilities?"

"Uhm, i haven't really done all that much. When I wanted attention as a child I cut my hair and made it vibrant yellow but that's pretty much it."

"Oh, my parents would have killed me," she said with a laugh. "Well, the next time you decide to do something with your hair I say do something crazy. Like make your hair black with blue highlights and make your eyes pink or something."

"Alright, I think I will. Now, excuse me please, I have to use the bathroom." she said, getting up and walking away with a smile, not noticing the stranger following her.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN

i am going to warn you, the next few chapters rnt gont be good bcs im angry at the other book im currently reading and decided to use that to fule my writing soooo.
also, i am not good at clif hangers bcs im to egar to post when i knew what ime going to to but at times im not meanit to wait to long the wait is like forever and a half so u can expect multiple updates for new but once things r out in the open i will most likly slow down again, idk why im like this, ig im more egar to write and publish when shits going down.