chapter 8

Eight A.M friday, september 1st 1972
Kings cross

"Do I have to go?"

"Yes. Now stop asking."

"Worth a shot.." She turned to petunia. "bye. I'll miss you."

"Bye. see you next summer."

"Or sooner." she whispers before turning to see lily run at a wall and disappear then follow her.

She got on the train and found an empty compartment.

About ten minutes later someone opened the compartment door.

"Mind if I sit here?"

"Sure." she said not paying attention as he introduced himself.

Two more boys sat down in the compartment.

"What's got your wand in a knot?" It was then she realised she was glaring out the window.

"Nothing."

"It doesn't look like it."

"Watever." And she got up and walked out.

She found an empty compartment and climbed out the window onto the roof.

She was just about to jump into the water below when there was a loud BOOM.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

She turned to see a trolly lady.

"Why not?"

"I've never failed to keep all students on the train and that's not changing anytime soon. You see, what no one knows is pumpkin pasties do this when you throw them" and she threw it knocking her back. The trolley lady led her back into the train then went about like nothing happened.

"Damn."

She walked back to the compartment and sat down.

"So uh, don't try jumping off the top of the train, the trolley lady will throw bombs at you."

"Why did you try to jump off the train?" one of them asked.

"Simple, I don't want to be here. I'm y/n."

"I'm Barty crouch jr."

"Evan rosier."

"Regulus black."

"Why don't you want to be here?" Evan asked.

"Cuz my sister is here and my entire life she's called me a freak cuz i can do this." and she turned her hair blue then red then green and back to yellow.

"You're a metamorphmagus." Barty stated.

"What now?"

"You don't know what that is?"

"No, my parents are muggles." y/n said still confused.

Regulus scrunched his nose up in disgust.

"What?"

"Filthy mudblood." he muttered then left the compartment and the other two followed.

"What's that-" but they had left. "Great so I'm on a train to a place full of freaks with a lady who throws bombs at you and was, I'm assuming, just insulted, oh and i'm talking to myself, great, This is going to be a great year."

The train ride was very boring. She opened her history of magic book and read the first few chapters.

But like usual, Lily came along.

"Oh you're such a freak that you couldn't even pay anyone to sit next to you?"

"What do you want lily?" I turned my hair red. If I had to put up with this I'd at least have some fun with it.

She stepped back.

"What? Scared of my hair? Wow, that's sad, it might interest you to know that everyone has hair."

"Oh shut up."

"What you can't think of one insult?"

"I'm warning you."

"What are you gonna do? Stop me from breathing?"

She pulled her wand out and pointed it at y/n's chest.

"Petrificus totalus!"

she fell. she couldn't move. her hand fell in the compartment door. lily noticed and closed the door on y/n's hand before opening it and leaving.

Three hours later (😭 thats so long)

It had been hours. The trolly lady had passed, looked at her, then left as if she hadn't seen it. y/n was hungry and didn't know how close they were. It was dark outside so she assumed they were close.

She had lost hope on someone finding her when a girl with jet black hair and grey eyes walked by and saw her hand.

She looked startled.

"Oh my god, uh hold on i'll go get someone."

She came back minutes later with a perfect.

"Finite incantatem."

"Thanks." she said sitting up. "Ow." she mumbled to herself, grabbing her wrist.

"Are you ok? What happened."

"I pissed off my sister. But it was worth it to see the look on her face."

She rolled her eyes.

"I'm Narcissa black nice to meet you."

"y/n evans. I think I met your cousin."

"Regulus?"

"Yeah. uhm what's 'mudblood' mean?

"It's someone with muggle parents. It's a very rude term."

"Oh." she said looking down.

"You're a muggleborn aren't you?"

"Yeah."

There was silence.

"Are you a first year?"

"Yeah."

"Me too!"

"Nice so we'll have the same classes!"

"Well not all the same. Two houses share a class. So we might have some classes together but other classes with one of the other houses."

"What are the houses?"

"I thought you had an older sister here?"

"Yes but me and my other sister usually tune her out."

"Oh. The houses are Gryffindor, where the brave, or in other words idiots go, Ravenclaw, where the smart people who love to learn go, Hufflepuff is where the loyal and kind people go, and Slytherin, where the cunning and ambitious."

"My sister is a gryffindor. I hope I don't get put there."

"Good. Gryffindor is the worst house."

"What house do you think you'll be in?"

"Slytherin. My whole family is there. Except for my older sister Andromeda and my cousin."

"I wonder what house I'll be in."

"I don't know. We better get into our robes. We'll be there soon."

"How do you get sorted?"

"I don't know. No one is allowed to tell you before you go to hogwarts."

They got into their robes and talked the rest of the ride and y/n showed narcissa her hair changing colours and they goofed off until it was time to get off.