chapter 10

Hogwarts was not y/n's favourite place. And that was an understatement.

There was a group of boys in Gryffindor that were the most annoying lot she had ever met. The only thing she and Lily ever agreed on was that they were insufferable.

One morning they put marron dye in all of the Slytherins shampoo, y/n showers before bed so she was the only one with normal hair. Although no one would know if it was coloured because she could turn it back to yellow.

Another time they charmed all the doors so if any one but them went through the door it would bring them to some random door in the castle. y/n ended up in Dumbledore's office twice. Classes were cancelled that day.

Hogwarts had been very dull for a month because three muggleborn families were killed over the course of a week. y/n was worried.

Today seemed to be normal, y/n got up and got dressed then she went to breakfast. It started perfectly fine.

Until the marauders got there. They sauntered into the great hall over to the Gryffindor table with matching grins on their faces.

Everyone knew something was coming. They just didn't know what. The entire hall was silent.

Suddenly a thousand owls flew in. Everyone got a red letter dropped in front of them. Even the professors and Dumbledore

Suddenly the hall burst into noise. They were singing.

Letters were singing, In the marauders' voices.

🎶IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS! IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HAND! IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT AND YOU REALLY WANNA SHOW IT IF YOU HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS!🎶

It was only that one verse. Over and over again.

Ten minutes of that went on until a hufflepuff clapped. It went on to the second verse.

"THERE YOU GO!" Potter yelled standing on the table. Soon everyone except the Slytherins were clapping to get it over with.

🎶IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW JUMP UP AND DOWN! IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT JUMP UP AND DOWN! IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT AND YOU REALLY WANNA SHOW IT IF YOU HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT JUMP UP AND DOWN!🎶

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME POTTER?!" that same hufflepuff yelled.

Dumbledore was on what seemed to be the last verse as he was smiling and doing jumping-jacks.

y/n huffed. "Incendio!" and she burned hers. The other Slytherins saw and proceeded to do the same.

"OH COME ON! SLYTHERINS, DON'T BE SUCH A PARTY POOPER!" black had gotten on the table as well.

she yelled so the whole hall could hear. "FUCK OFF BLACK!"

"NO THANKS! AND YOU CAN CALL ME SIRIUS!" he yelled back.

She got up and went to the common room.

she was shaking with anger.

Can't they just let people be?! There is nothing wrong with being scared. It's called having feelings which they must not have. She thought angrily.

Sitting down she pulled out her DADA book.

She gave up on reading when she realised her hair was vibrant red and she wasn't absorbing anything. So she went upstairs and got her pencils and paper.

Walking outside she found a tree and sat with her back to it and started to draw.

She drew the grass and the way it moved in the wind, the Autumn leaves falling gracefully from the trees, the students under other trees in the area, the smiles on their faces, the intricate designs on their robes, she drew it all.

She was in her happy place. She was calm.