Cookies and Chains

Happy christmas, and a bit a late release, at least by my own starndards of when you hold christmas. I hold it on the night of the 24th, what about you guys? Do write a comment on this.

Anyways enjoy!

( Issei's dream)

Issei found himself waking up in a lush field of grass. It spanned out in each direction beyond the horizon. The only other thing here was marble columns and ruins from the distant past, with one structure having a small tree growing in it. A orange tree.

Issei felt an urge to walk over to it, to grab the single fruit hanging from its branches, and eat it. As he took the first step, he found himself standing suddenly in front of the tree. He didn't question the fact he woke up in this place, nor that he broke the laws of time and physics.

He just wanted the fruit. He felt like his entire body was becoming thinner and thinner from sheer starvation, if he didn't eat the fruit he would die. He reached out his right hand, ignoring its less than human appearance, as he grasped the orange softly. He felt it soft, yet hard skin touch his hand.

He picked it off its branch and peeled it in record time, he picked up one of the slices of it and as he was about to eat, he felt a hand touch his shoulder." I don't think you should eat that." A man warned him, he turned to see who it was, but he didn't see anyone, then he heard him again from the other side.

" Besides, I doubt you would like to eat her, after getting yourself hurt trying to save her." Issei turned to the other side, again finding no one standing there, but his words had made him interested in knowing what was so wrong with this fruit, it looked plenty fine to eat earlier.

He looked back down at his open hand, and saw the fruit had rotted away, and looked like a gray mush, with flies swarming around it, finding its new state quite pleasing. He dropped the fruit, felt its slimy shell let go of his hand. It fell on the ground, smushed out on the green grass.

The grass all turned gray and withered, with the center being the fruit's decaying pool of sickly orange juice. It spread out across the fields, running the natural beauty of the place within seconds. He looked around at the death of this entire place, as he felt himself becoming sick just from being here.

Again a hand touched him, now this time it grasped his head between its massive hand. Its voice rang deep, echoing through Issei's entire body with each word it spoke." You shall soon awaken to my power, child. Be sure to keep the girl alive until then." The voice ordered, before letting go of his head.

Issei tried to look behind him, but found once again not the man behind the voice, instead he found Irina standing on top of one the marble columns. She was wearing a simple white dress, with a small crown of flowers in her chestnut brown hair, smiling and waving at him. She didn't seem to notice the dying field of grass, instead she was inviting Issei over.

He again felt the urge to come over, yet this time he didn't just appear there suddenly, instead for every other step he took towards her, a column would have another girl in similar clothes to Irina appear on it. Some he knew, others he had never seen before, yet they all felt distant. Like he had yet to meet them, the real them.

But three of them stood out to him. Each stood on a slab of marble near Irina. Xenovia stood to the left of her, watching him knowingly, like she knew all of his many years of fighting. Akeno stood to the right of her, eyes filled with desire and lust for him and his power. But behind Irina, stood someone he had never seen before.

She looked a few years older than him, with long silky gray hair and a body unrivaled by most of the other girls and women he had seen appear on the other columns and slabs. He felt the power she had growing inside of her, felt it suppace his own, sensed it would come looking for him one day to bring him to his knees.