The Journey From and To Home

So it seems like a lot of you like this story, so I decied to write another chapter and will probrably keep posting more chapters as time goes, but don't worry the others stories are also being worked on, so don't fret. Hope you all enjoy, bye!

( Olympus, Lower tower of Mount Olympus)

Inside one of the many open air rooms of Mount Olympus's Demigod district, in his little room of his own and sitting on the edge of his balcony, was Issei looking out over the edge of the mountains plains and down below through the white clouds and into the human world below. It was a sight to behold, at least the first five times or so, after that it becomes mundane like most things when oneself is exposed to it enough daily. He felt this weird feeling of unease, as he watched the world below him with a distant look as it seemed so distant, yet it felt so close.

Unlike many of his brother's and sisters, not to mention cousins and the rare few people who weren't related to him, he was born on earth and had a life before becoming a demigod. It might have been a relatively short life in comparison to his current one, as he went through each day back then without a care in the world, while now he trains, partrolls and fights almost every day. Slight differences could happen throughout the week, but it was mainly just these three things he did almost all day, with the exception of eating and sleeping.

And sometimes he would just sit like he was now, and just watch the world below him, thinking of his past, thinking of his parents and when Irina was still awake. It made him sad to remember these things, but it was also comforting in a way, at least until Oizys would come into his room and flood it with her own tears. Being the goddess of sadness, misfortune and misery isn't easy, it's surprisingly mentally exhausting." Puh.. what to do, what to do? I should answer Lady Gabriel's message at least, even if I am going to deny it, but that just feels needlessly cruel." Issei said out loud, his voice being calm, yet small traces of frustrations were also evident in it.

He had just listened to Gabriel's message a minute ago, and had been sitting with the letter in his hand since. He had learned two things, one being that Gabriel had a beautiful voice and that she had asked for his help with something he didn't know how to feel about. She had asked him to give her Irinia, so that she could change her into this Brave Saint's thingy. She had explained that it was like the evil piece system developed by the devils, but even that didn't help Issei as he had never heard or encountered such a thing, either in his studies or on the battlefield. But what he did understand was the very obvious and probable most important detail that she had told him." She can bring her back.. fully back, and as an angel to boot.. but that's not.. what I want." Issei quietly, as he looked down at the message again, a feeling of growing frustrations starting to slowly emerge on his face and in his eyes.

He wanted to accept her offer, he really did, but it would mean he and Irina would be on different sides for the rest of their lives. But if he denied her offer, and waited until Irina finally did wake up, would she then resent him? Did she even still love him, like she had told him she did on that night 8 years ago? It had begun to gnaw at him lately that his memories of that day might have changed slightly in some ways, in which some parts of it had either been fully forgotten, while some had been made up. He had been worrying for some time now that Irina's confession of love to him, might have been dreamed up by his brain as a way to make that night less traumatic, but he couldn't be sure.

But still all these feelings, thoughts and dilemmas all had to step aside for the moment, as the head of a wormy snake came slithering into his lap." Hey there Lenedos, where have you been hiding?" Issei asked, a bit more upbeat as he didn't want to worry his best friend, and pet, Lenedos the Trojan Serpent. Lenedos just continued slithering as it began to make circles with its body on top of Issei's legs, before resting its head at the top of its selfmade hill." Ahh, I see, so you're just here to lie on me today, is that it?" Issei asked, less happy with the appearance of his pet now that he knew what its intent was. Lenedos answered him with a simple, yet prideful snore as it began to sleep, leaving Issei to its mercy of when it would wake up again, meaning that it could very well, if it so wished, make him late for dinner.