3.9 - Cruel yet cute

They stopped in an area on the outskirts of the dark forest.

  The trees here are not that dense, but despite this, looking around through the trees, even at noon when the sun is the brightest, the dark forest seems to be isolated from the outside world, and it is still unclear. In the darkness, only the meager light shining from the entrance of the forest behind them provided them with a light source, illuminating the dense grass on the ground, where many herbs grew freely, without any idea of ​​the fate they were about to encounter.

  The dark forest is extremely dangerous, but opportunities and dangers coexist. Even on the edge of the dark forest, there are many precious and magical herbs growing. Not only can the dark wizard throw them into the potion pot and brew all kinds of evil potions, but they can also It is decoctioned by humans into potions that increase physical strength and treat diseases. What is very interesting is that both wizards and humans use the same medicinal herbs. They are all boiled in pots, but the types and dosages of the materials have changed. With a few subtle differences, the final potion will have vastly different effects.

  Seeing the wizard squatting down, looking for herbs on the ground with his head lowered, Lance also squatted down. Different from the wizard's sweeping collection of picking up whatever he saw, he relied on his memory of the appearance of all the herbs to bypass the ordinary ones. Of weeds, we only collect herbs that have a selling price.

  During the collection process, he never took his peripheral vision away from the wizard to ensure the safety of the other party. Therefore, his collection speed was far slower than that of the wizard. After a while, the ground around the wizard became empty, as if suddenly It looked like a corner of his hair had been shaved off, and correspondingly, his sack was rapidly bulging.

  Gradually, the wizard moved to Lance's blind spot.

  Lance turned around immediately, but suddenly realized something was wrong.

  His legs seemed to be restrained by something.

  Lance didn't say anything. He lowered his head and saw a slender blade on his foot. The blade was separated by a layer of fabric and pressed tightly against Lance's feet, as if trying to pull his feet away. Tied to the ground.

  But when I first started collecting, where was this leaf on my feet?

  Lance lowered his head and pulled the leaf away from his feet, but with this pull, the shape and veins of the leaf clearly fell into Lance's eyes.

  It was actually a very valuable medicinal herb leaf.

  According to Lance's memory of it, this herb is worth at least one silver coin! Enough to buy at least ten better quality hoods for the wizard, or a particularly good potion pot!

  He immediately followed the leaves to find the herb and uprooted it.

  But soon, he discovered that many precious medicinal herbs had appeared around him at some unknown time, and each one had its leaves extended towards him.

  Lance finally came to his senses.

  I'm afraid the light aura on his body affected the medicinal herbs here.

  Plants that have been affected by the power of darkness seem to unconsciously hate light, so much so that they want to extend their leaves to strangle the source of light.

  But the herbs on the outskirts of the forest were relatively weak. Not only were they unable to strangle the prey, but they were also picked up one by one by Lance and thrown into the sack.