Chapter 15

Maya's POV

When Lucas and I returned, Riley was sitting on the couch with her face buried in her hands. Farkle had his arm around her.

"Wh-what happened?"

Riley looked up. She'd been crying.

"It's Emily. She has some disease or another. She can't come home. Mum just called to tell us. "

"Disease?" Lucas asked. Farkle shook his head.

"I don't know what it is," Riley sobbed.

I went over to her and sat on her other side. I threw my arms around her and pulled her into a hug.

"It'll be okay. Emily will be fine. Stay positive," I whispered.

Riley nodded and wiped her eyes. "I think Auggie went outside."

Lucas went to look for him.

Farkle just stood awkwardly beside Riley. Hmmm. I should probably go and leave the two alone.

I went outside to find Lucas. I mean, Auggie.

I walked around the side of the house. Yep, Lucas and Auggie were on the tiny swing in the Mathew's backyard.

Instead of joining them, I went over to the kitchen window and peeped in. It led to the living room, where Riley and Farkle were.

They were talking.

Lucas shot me a strange look and I beckoned for him to come over. He left Auggie on the swing and walked over beside me.

"What are you-"

I placed a finger on his lips. Lucas raised his eyebrows.

"Look in," I whispered and slightly moved aside. Lucas did, and his arms brushed against mine. He was so close that I could feel his body heat.

Farkle said something and then Riley looked up at him. They seemed to be staring at each other? He placed his hand on her shoulder.

"What are they doing?" Lucas came even closer.

"I don't know."

That's when Farkle started to lean in. My heart was pounding although Riley was the one about to get kissed. I was just excited for her, I guess.

Their faces were just inches away when Riley suddenly turned the other way. Farkle looked embarrassed and stood up quickly.

Why did she just do that?

Lucas' POV

I grabbed Maya's hand and pulled her away from the window.

"Did you see that?" She asked. "They like each other!"

I nodded. How cute.

If only Maya would realize how much I liked her.

Maya's POV

God, Riley and Farkle were seriously so cute. Lucas pulled me away from the window.

"Did you see that?" I asked. "They like each other!"

Lucas nodded and simply just stared at me.

If only Lucas would realize how much I liked him.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

So how's the book so far? Is it bad? Please comment!!