Chapter 8

Maya's POV

It had been five days here so far, and it seemed like time was passing by too fast.

It rained for some reason yesterday so we couldn't go out. We were planning to head down to the beach today.

•••

The beach was beautiful, exactly like I remembered it. The light blue waves ran to the shore until they got washed back into the ocean. The sand was white and pretty and the coconut trees seemed to loom above us.

Little kids were making sandcastles and running around.

Riley ran to the water the minute we reached there, after removing her clothes. She had her bathing suit underneath.

I followed behind in my new purple one-piece. It felt so good to be on the beach again. It was wonderful.

The cold water seemed to pull me into them. I laughed and splashed at Riley.

"This is great!" She grinned. My knee didn't really hurt anymore and I was glad.

"Here I come!" I heard as Farkle rushed in, splashing water all over us. Lucas followed behind in his swimming trunks and I had to force myself to look away from shirtless him.

We had tons of fun. Farkle and I had continuous swimming races. I always won him, and then he would suggest we try again.

I finally got tired and let him win for once.

"Hey Lucas, you should challenge Maya..." Riley suggested. "You did a great deal of swimming last summer, didn't you?"

"I'll win you fair and square," he warned me as he took a spot beside me.

"Bring it on!" I challenged as Farkle shouted "go". I took a deep breath and started swimming.

I came up for a gasp of air and realised that Lucas was slightly ahead.

I forced my limbs to go faster as I tried to catch up.

"Go Maya!" Riley was yelling.

But no. He reached the finish line way ahead of me and gave out a victory cheer. I watched as he got out of the sea like a magnificent beast, water dripping down him.

We ate after that, and pretty much lazed around until we decided it was time to go.

Lucas pulled me up from the sand and let his hand stay in mine for a little longer until he decided to let go.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

thanks so much for 1K guys i love uuu.

Xx