Chapter 4

Maya's POV

We were all playing a game before going to bed. The four of us, like old times. Lucas and I hadn't made any proper conversation since I got here, but we were okay.

Farkle rolled the dice. He got a six.

Give $20 to every player

"Oh, man!" He yelled as he handed out his game money. Then it was Lucas' turn. He landed on a square with a question mark on it. Which meant he had to pick a card.

He did, and he read out the question.

"When was your first kiss?"

I looked down immediately. We all knew the answer to that.

"Did you really have to pick this game, Riley?" He laughed. "But it was with Maya."

I knew that his eyes were on me so I looked up. I'd always liked his eyes. He held my gaze, the two of us not blinking.

Suddenly, I blinked.

"Hah!" Lucas exclaimed. "I win."

"Well I didn't know we were having a staring contest," I said.

"You do now." He grinned.

●●●

Lucas' POV

By the time I woke up the next morning it was already 10 in the morning. We had actually stayed up till midnight, but I was surprised that I was the last to wake up.

Auggie said the girls had gone for a walk. Farkle was reading. Emily was making a mess, as usual.

I ate two slices of toast.

"Can you play with me?" Auggie asked. I hadn't really spent time with him since we got here.

"Sure."

He spread out his toy cars and trucks on the carpet of the living room and they had a "race".

"This car has me and Emily," Auggie pointed to a blue car. "We won. This one has you and Maya. You're second."

"Why me and Maya?" I interrupted.

Auggie rolled his eyes. "Because you like her."

I was silent. I did. But now... I don't know. Maya was gorgeous, but I couldn't forget what she did to me. And I don't know if she would ever forgive me either.

"Don't you?" Auggie pressed on.

I shrugged. "I don't know, Auggie."

"Well I have a girlfriend. "

I laughed. "You do?"

He nodded. "Her name's Ava and she lives below us. I love her."

"Oh really?" I said as I moved the orange car with me and Maya in it. It was cute how he thought love was simple.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Guyysss I have loads of homework to do :( thanks for reading though!

I want to get this book to at least 500 views by Sunday. Please?

Ily ♥