Chapter 31

Maya's POV

"What the hell," I said through gritted teeth, "is going on here?"

Jade was leaning against the dresser and Lucas was hovering over her. Her hair was all messed up and her dress had ridden halfway up her thigh.

Lucas' eyes widened when he saw me and he moved away from Jade.

"Listen Maya, I swear it's not what it looks like..." He made his way over to me unsteadily and tried to place an arm around me but I slapped it away. Was he drunk? Tears were brimming in my eyes and everything was starting to get blurry.

"Maya please," Lucas tried again, his words slurring as Jade got up and fixed her dress. I saw her smirk at me.

"Don't talk to me Lucas!" I yelled at him and left the room, slamming the door shut behind me. I reached the top of the stairs and sat down, clutching the handrail.

It felt like Lucas had just ripped my heart out and thrown it down a rubbish dump. I was shaking all over, my brain unable to register the sight that I had just seen.

I cried my heart out. I didn't care if anyone saw me. I had wanted it to work with Lucas so badly. He meant so much to me. Didn't he know how I felt about him?

Lucas hadn't even bothered to chase after me or to try and explain. He hadn't even come out of the room. The thought of him and Jade messing around in there made me sick.

I got up and went down, wiping my eyes before he came out and saw me crying over him. I couldn't find Riley and Farkle on the dance floor. Where the heck were they now?

I went into the toilet and stared at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot and red and there were mascara smudges on my cheeks. I washed my face thoroughly, trying my best to get rid of the evidence that I'd been crying.

I guess the makeup I had bothered to put on had been a complete waste.

I'd show Lucas. I'd show him that I didn't need him. I was strong. I could handle this. I took a deep breathe and left and made my way to where the drinks were.

I guess the person there was Ethan's brother.

"Give me something strong," I whispered as I leaned against the table. My head was already spinning with everything going on around me.

"I'm Andrew," I think that's what he said, I didn't hear it properly. I took the drink from him and gulped it down. It didn't burn as much as the vodka that Ethan had given me but it still hurt.

I told him I wanted more.

"Maya?"

Ethan.

"Maya how many of those are you drinking?" He yanked the cup out of my hand.

I snatched it back from him. "Your brother gave it to me. I can drink whatever I want."

"Jesus, Maya, you'll get drunk. Stop."

I rolled my eyes. Why was he so uptight? I came here to have fun. And I was going to have fun.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the dance floor. "Let's dance, Ethan."

"What about that boyfriend you were looking for?"

I stopped. Why was I doing this? What was I trying to prove? It had taken me ages to get over what Lucas did to me 2 years ago. I wouldn't be able to move on so quickly.

"Maya?" Ethan asked.

I shook my head and looked up at him with tears in my eyes again. "He cheated on me."

He didn't hesitate to pull me into a hug. I held on to him tightly, swaying slowly to the music.

"He's a jerk, he doesn't deserve you."

A/N

Here's an update because y'all wanted one!! Please vote & comment