Chapter 23

Lucas' POV

I grinned at Maya's morning face. She looked tired but she was still so beautiful.

"Oh," she muttered. "Sorry I thought you were Riley."

She scooted over to give me more space. I hugged her and tickled her stomach. "Aren't you gonna wake up?"

Maya groaned and shoved a pillow in my face. "Hey!" I laughed.

She was wearing just a white tee shirt and shorts. She looked surprisingly seductive. Ew, gosh, what was I thinking.

I started to poke her and disturb her, knowing that it annoyed her.

"Can a person not sleep peacefully in this house?" She yelled and I laughed again.

I turned her so that she faced me. Her eyes were shut.

Gently, I bent down and placed my lips on hers.

Maya got up at once.

"I should do this every morning," I joked as she threw her covers and stretched out her arms.

Maya's POV

Should I ask Lucas about the note? I honestly couldn't think of anyone else who would write it apart from him.

I shrugged. Probably shouldn't. What if it wasn't him after all? Lucas would get all worried and think that someone was after me.

I decided to ignore finding the note.

"Hey Maya?" Lucas called as I was about to open my closet to get changed into something else.

"Do you think...we'll stay together forever?"

Strange. That phrase had been written in that note.

I laughed. "I don't know Lucas. I like to live in the present."

He didn't seem satisfied with my reply.

"But I love being with you," I added and saw him smile. It was true. I did love being with him.

When I went down for breakfast, everyone else had already finished eating.

"Your food is in the kitchen." Topanga told me while she tried to find Auggie his toy or something.

I went in. Sure there was a covered plate but there was nothing inside it. I looked at Auggie.

"Oops!" He giggled.

Topanga shook her head. "I'm sorry Maya. Auggie ate it. I think there's some bread in the cupboard."

I opened it. We were all out.

"Dang it! I forgot to ask Cory to pick up some bread at the supermarket yesterday. Is there at least cereal in there?"

I peeped in. "Nope."

Topanga said that she would go to town and buy some stuff.

"No, it's okay, I can go myself." I told her. She looked really tired. I knew that she had been staying up working on a new case.

"But the car-"

"I can walk there. It'll only take like fifteen minutes. Besides, I need the fresh air. And exercise."

"And I could go with her," I heard a voice behind me.

Lucas.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HI I AM SO SORRY that I take so long to update, I sort of keep forgetting have a great day!