Chapter 19

Lucas' POV

I pulled away from Maya and stared into her beautiful blue eyes. Had I really just kissed her?

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "For everything."

She nodded. "Me too. I never meant to kiss Fred, I... it just kind of happened and..."

"I still like you Maya." I interrupted.

She gasped and I watched as her lips curled into a smile. "Me too."

I grinned and placed her down. I had no intention of going back to shore anytime soon.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Maya's POV

I thought about it for a brief second. That's all I needed. Then I nodded. I knew I wasn't making a mistake and this was actually going to work out.

Lucas's face light up and he tried to hold my hand but the water wouldn't let us.

We swam for a while more out there, just the two of us. I looked back and saw Farkle and Riley. They seemed to be having a good time as well.

A part of me still couldn't believe it. Lucas was my boyfriend now?

I knew I was blushing and smiling but I didn't really care. Lucas and I went back to shore just as Farkle and Riley got out. She pulled me over to a side the minute I did.

"Maya!" She whispered. "Farkle and I are getting along so well! I really think that maybe there's a chance of us...you know..."

"Lucas kissed me." I said.

And I watched as Riley's eyes grew wide.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend. And I said yes," I knew I was blushing again. Riley hugged me and started jumping up and down.

"I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN I SHIP YOU GUYS TILL MARS AND BACK I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU MAYA-"

I clapped a hand over her mouth and laughed. I love my best friend.

We went back home after a while. Riley said she was gonna sleep and Farkle switched the TV on immediately.

Lucas grabbed my hand and pulled me outside.

"Let's go for a walk," he grinned.

I smiled and squeezed his hand tightly. The wind blew my hair and it was getting stuck in my lip gloss which was the most annoying thing ever. Lucas saw me frowing and laughed.

"Did you miss me?" He asked as he got closer.

"Very much," I admitted. None of my previous boyfriends had been as great as him.

"I'm really sorry," Lucas sighed and apologized again. "About..."

"Hey," I interrupted. "The past is in the past."

He smiled and put an arm around me as we continued walking to the middle of nowhere.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

IM SO SORRY I haven't been updating it's just that I'm really busy these days with school and I hardly go on wattpadd anymore.

Please forgive me guys HAHAHA. Anyway, what do you think of this chapter?