Chapter 34

Maya's POV

I shook my head slowly. There was no point in lying anyway. Ethan gasped and mumbled something to himself before he got up and put his shirt on.

I pulled my dress up in embarrassment as I realized what could possibly have happened if Lucas hadn't walked in.

Ethan slammed the door shut behind me.

"Maya..." Lucas began, running his fingers through his hair and letting out a huge breath. "What is going on?"

"Don't talk to me Lucas," I snarled and stood up, refusing to look at him.

"What do you mean 'I cheated on you'?"

"Quit playing dumb Lucas!" I exploded, too tired to bother keeping my emotions in anymore. "Everything is going wrong. I'm leaving in two days. We won't see each other for a year. And you're acting like you don't care at all! I should've known something was up between you and Jade by the way she was always sneaking you looks and constantly flirting. But I was stupid enough to look past all of that, because I trusted you."

I sighed and looked at him, hoping to receive some kind of reaction from him but his face was blank. I went on.

"And today when I saw you and Jade messing about in the bedroom, I honestly couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. I hoped that you won't chase after me and have a really good explanation for what had happened in there but...you didn't even bother. And then I don't know what came over me...I just..." I trailed off.

I could hear Lucas make his way over to where I was standing. My heart was hammering against my chest.

Lucas pulled me into his arms . I didn't bother pushing him away because a hug was exactly what I needed right now. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and let out a breath that I didn't even know I had been holding.

"I love you," Lucas whispered against my skin, sending explosions throughout my body.

"Lucas-"

"I know I'm not exactly in the right state of mind at the moment, but I mean what I say. I love you, Maya."

I was internally melting at how sincere he sounded. I wanted to hug him like this forever and never have to let him go because it felt amazing this way, with just the two of us. The world around me was muted and it felt like I was in another universe with no one else but Lucas.

I pulled away from the hug and looked into his eyes. "But Jade..." I began.

Lucas cut me off. "I was drunk Maya, I still am. My head is hurting so much but I really and truly do mean what I say. I did not cheat on you. I'm sorry for what it may have looked like but I swear, Maya, I'd never hurt you that way."

I felt the corners of my mouth turn up into a smile. I know that he meant it. I could see it in his eyes. I felt stupid for ever doubting him.

"I'm sorry," I said. "Ethan was a mistake."

He pulled me into his arms again and I leaned against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Surprisingly, he was extremely calm. "It's okay, Maya. It's over now. He's gone."

A/N

I know I said that this update would be better than the previous one but I'm sorry :-( I didn't have time to write since school reopened ugh

Anyway I hope all of you are having a lovely day, thanks for reading!!