Chapter 20

Maya's POV

Lucas had just left for his first day at work. I realized that I had nothing to do. Riley and Farkle were simply flipping channels on the TV, Riley occasionally glancing at the telephone.

"I'm sure she'll be fine," I assured. Cpry and Topanga had brought Emily to the hospital.

Riley nodded and sighed. I saw Farkle glance at her and hesitate, as if he was about to do something.

"Maya, Maya!" Auggie ran in through the front door. He had been out digging in the backyard or something.

"You'll never believe what I found!" He was panting. Riley and Farkle looked up as well.

I followed Auggie to the back of the house, near Topanga's garden. He had digged up some sort of hole next to it. Hopefully Topanga wouldn't be mad.

Auggie reached inside and pulled out an extremely dirty and yellow-looking paper.

"I think it's a treasure map!" He exclaimed.

"Did you open it?" I took it from him and wiped some dirt off.

"I wanted you to open it."

I turned the folded paper over. I frowned. That was strange. Why was my name written on it?

I was surprised the ink hadn't faded after this long. I was about to open it but decided not to.

What if it was something bad? I didn't want to dissapoint Auggie, who was staring up at me eagerly.

Why would there even be a letter with my name on it burried in the backyard?

"Hey, maybe we should go inside and check out what's showing on Disney Channel." I pulled him back into the house.

It seemed like Riley and Farkle had moved closer since I'd left.

•••

----------

Lucas' POV

My first day of work had been tiring. I was supposed to meet Maya outside the bakery to get ice cream. She wasn't here yet, from what I could see.

"Lucas?" It was Renee, my boss.

"Yes?"

She smiled. "Good job today, you did well for your first day. You can go off now, be here by the same time tomorrow."

I thanked her and took my apron off. It was 4pm and I had been working since 12.

I had to work four times a week and I'd get payed at the end of each week.

I went to get my stuff from behind the store. This job wasn't too bad, really.

The thought of seeing Maya now made me smile.

The minute I walked out of the store I spotted her and waved before walking over.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Do you guys want more of Riley and Farkle?