Chapter 24

Lucas and I got bread, eggs and some ketchup from the supermarket. I was so hungry I swear I could eat anything.

"It looks like it's gonna rain," Lucas pointed out and looked up at the sky. He was right.

And I'd been planning to go out with him today. Bummer.

I swung the plastic bag with the bread in it and skipped along. It would take us around 15 minutes to get back home.

I guess I'd just make myself a sandwich or something.

We reached the pocket road that would lead us to the house soon enough.

"I wanted to go to the beach today," Lucas said. "With you."

I couldn't help smiling. He looked around quickly to make sure no one was watching before coming closer.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and kissed him. Damm, I'd missed his lips. They were the most satisfying thing ever.

We pulled away, to Lucas' dismay. I walked faster. I wanted to get home as soon as I could and eat.

Auggie wasn't out in the yard when we got back. Which was quite strange, because he usually came out to play everyday. I could hear Emily crying from inside.

Lucas and I stepped in and I gasped.

"Mum?" I placed the groceries down. Why was she here?

Mum looked at me and sighed. "Maya, we need to go."

I frowned. "What do you mean, we need to go?"

I looked at Cory and Topanga questioningly. Topanga was holding Emily. Auggie was standing behind the dining table, looking confused.

That's when Riley came down the stairs holding my suitcase.

"I packed everything of yours that I could find," she said and handed to me.

"What?" I turned to my mum. "Where are we going? It's the summer holidays. I'm supposed to be here for six weeks."

Mum walked up to me and hugged me. "I'm so sorry Maya."

I pushed her away. "Seriously, can someone please explain what the heck is going on?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Oops sorry for the crap ending. I'm also sorry for taking so long to update :(

I just keep forgetting hahah please forgive me
Enjoy reading!!