Chapter 12

Lucas's POV

------------

Maya ended up falling asleep right there in my arms. I could feel her soft breathing on my arm.

I decided to let her be instead of disturbing her by waking her up. It was only 8pm so she should get up soon anyway.

Riley and Farkle were still inside. I could here them talking. I peeped in and saw them sitting strangely close to each other.

Interesting.

I made my way to the front door and stepped outside. I just needed some fresh air.

I put on my slippers and trailed down the path to the small road. It was dark already.

"Lucas!" I turned around.

I saw a figure approaching me. She got nearer. Was that Jade?

"Lucas! Hi!" She came to a stop right in front of me.

"Hey," I said.

"Did Maya and Riley tell you about my party?"

I frowned. She went on, giving me details.

"You're almost 16?!" I blurted out. "I-I thought you were 14 or something."

Jade stepped back, looking slightly hurt. I apologized and she bounced back quickly.

"It's gonna be really fun! Just like those you read about in books," she winked and then took a few steps closer again.

She gasped and touched my arm. "Have you been working out?"

"Um..." I stuttered awkwardly. I didn't really like Jade. I knew that Maya didn't quite like her either. Well, two years ago she didn't.

Wait why was I thinking of Maya again?

I did not really pay much attention to whatever Jade said after that.

I managed to get rid of her with some lame excuse so that I could go check on Maya.

I mean, go back home.