Chapter 10

Maya's POV

"Do you want to sign up for something?" Riley asked as she flipped through a Seventeen magazine.

I shrugged. "Like what?"

"Maybe dancing. Or an art class. Anything."

I frowned. That was actually a good idea. I could keep myself busy over the summer.

I smiled. "Sure."

We headed to the Community Centre again. It was the same guy there from yesterday. For some reason, he looked really familiar. I hoped he wouldn't recognise me.

"Hey Maya," he greeted the minute I got to the counter.

I gasped. "How do you know my name?"

He turned red, as if was not supposed to have said my name. I was quite sure I hadn't mentioned my name to him yesterday.

"Um..." he bit his lip. "I guess you don't recognize me then."

"Who are you?" I asked, scratching my head. Like I said, he looked familiar, but I couldn't really recognize him.

He dropped the matter and took out a file which consisted of all the activities and courses they had.

Riley and I immediately decided on a street jazz dance course. It would start in two weeks time, every Friday and Sunday.

We stopped by for ice cream on the way back and ran into some of our childhood friends.

Tina and Jade.

They flashed their pearly white teeth at us and flipped their curls before sashaying up to us.

"Maaaya," Jade purred. "You look gorgeous!"

Puke.

Jade was turning 16 in two days and she was having a huge party. "Please come, and bring some cute guys along!" She winked, handing us invitations.

I took them from her and forced myself to smile before walking away. I wasn't planning on going to that party. I'd rather stay home and eat ice cream on the couch.

We stopped at the beach because it looked too pretty to resist.

"We should come out here in the morning." Riley said.

"Really?"

She nodded. "It'll look really pretty."

She pulled out her phone and we shamelessly took a bunch of selfies before going back.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hope you enjoyed x