Chapter Two: The Calling

I don't remember the institute that Brandon said he worked at, over the news last night when he doxed Carol. It's pretty stupid of me, but I feel like it's too early to get someone on my side. There's no guarantee that Brandon is gonna believe me, plus I don't know how to use this power that Lillian apparently gave me. She tossed me into this world, and I pretty much know nothing.

I need a damn phone.

What do we do when we there's no solution? That's right, we steal!

Walking down the busy streets of the Chibuya district I spotted a young kid on a newer model of the common known brand, he was alone in his teens. I noticed an alley close to us, I pretended to trip as I pushed him into the wall and quickly snatched the phone out of his hand. I knocked him out, walking away. Sorry kid, I'll get you a new one. I opened it up, I messed with a couple of buttons happy he didn't lock the phone before I got to it. I scanned his phone for any information, but it was all junk. I sighed and started a reset on the device, pocketing it and walking back to my apartment. I waved my hand at the man behind the counter, and walked into my room making sure to lock it. I put the phone on the bed, turning on the news. It was only 4 a clock, but as always it was pitch black outside aside from the street lamps and the small glow coming from the clouds. I sighed, hanging up my jacket and turning on the TV to the news again. Derek and Carol were back on, the phone was almost done with its update. I overheard a conversation.

"You heard of Erun's central intelligence Derek?"

"Information is my middle name!"

"Very funny, but have you heard? Apparently at the very top of the central tower of Erun is a single man who knows EVERYTHING!"

"Carol are you sure you can... say this on the news?"

"WHAT else are we gonna cover? Hey everyone! There's more fuckin' rats and it's still night! I can say whatever I want! WE SHOULDVE WON THE WAR! DEATH TO THE WEALTH!! LONG LIVE AKIR-!!"

Once again the screen cut and the news said be right back again, that name she said... she said Akira. Come to think of it, is there two Akiras now or did they vanish too? The head of their mech landed with me, that could mean they're around here somewhere. I'm trying put some dots together, but I need more information. The phone buzzed as it finished, I set up a number and a lock password and began to search for answers on something called the web. Hm... uhh... I'll do this later... I pocketed the phone and went to my window. I looked around, among the pictures of promise around the district was myself in the reflection.

My head suddenly ached, flashes of the fight with Akira echoed in my head as I held the sides of my head restraining my urge to yell out, Akiras booming voice shattered my train of thought.

"WORTHLESS!"

"LET YOUR FAMILY DIE!"

"YOURE NOT SAFE!"

"I AM ALL EYES!"

The voices overlapped each other as I fell to my knees, they continued and continued.

"The underground..."

"You're not you..."

"The sun..."

I banged my head against the ground, my ears ringing as the voices faded. My hands shaking and my breath uncontrollably filled the room. I got my jacket and stumbled to my window, I looked outside and saw the two girls who have been hunting me start to run toward the building. I winced and now bolted out the room toward the stairs, I sprinted down and made it out the back exit. I ran though the streets, but I heard the smaller girl close behind me. My white hair now came undone and flew in the wind. She tackled me and we collapsed on the floor, my jacket came off me, my breath unsteady we stood only a couple of feet apart. She panted, the older sister far behind with her hand on her hilt. I fixed my hair, my red eyes gleaming as the neon signs and crooked street lamps enveloped the area.