Chapter Five: Bite Marks

I forgot about the long drive to where I'm going, it's a good thing traffic isn't a problem down here. I passed multiple districts on the way to the auction. I had only seen 3 of the 6 districts down here, and they all seem to different. About halfway there, I noticed the time and turned on the radio to my right. It buzzed a bit before I heard my 2 favorite maniacs.

"WELCOME to Erun news at 9! The news channel where you learn about everything you don't care about! My name is Derek-"

"And I'm Carol!"

"CAROL you dumb bitch! I said wait until I was finished for your dumb chime in!"

"IM the dumb one?"

"Yeah! You are!"

"I can say so much, but we're live."

Derek scoffed, clearing his throat he got into the important stuff.

"Let's talk about Eruns number one star right now! The Dove! Reports are coming in from the underground about how The Dove was spotted teaming up with Niko from District 21, not only that The Dove also killed the leader of District 24! Carol you should know NEVER to mess with Vick, legend says he can never die! The Dove has no chance against a bit that has this level of strength and ability!"

Great, maybe Niko could've told me that before I put a bullet in his face?

"I hear you Derek, Vick is the third most strongest person in the underground, just behind Mitsoro from District 22, and in first place is of course Leo from district 26!"

Two names I can recall from my own universe, Mitsoro and Leo. I quickly pulled out my phone, jotting down their names and representing districts as I glanced back to the road every few seconds before putting it away. Derek and Carol continued to talk.

"But what truly defines power down here Carol?"

"Well Derek, I suppose it's if the residents of a district believes in their leader or not. While someone can have tons of guns, how are they gonna use them if their citizens want to shoot them dead on the spot?"

"That's a good point Carol, but please stop talking."

"Tch, you're not the star of this show Derek!"

"I will shoot you!"

"SHOOT ME THEN!!"

I looked down at the radio, I heard a loud bang before it cut to static and my radio turned off. I sighed, as I saw my target up ahead. I pulled to the side of the road hiding my car in the dark, concealed in darkness I saw a spray painted symbol on the side of a concrete wall. I saw a steel door, and 2 men in suits guarding the door from the outside. I pulled out my revolver, hiding it in my coat pocket as I now walked up to the door. One tall man spoke with a rasp in his voice.

"Name?"

I quickly gave a fake one.

"Niko Kimura."

"From 21st? What're you doing out here? Well you're not on the list... but Madam Kimura is an important lady I guess. Just go on in, but if you get kicked out it's not my fault."

He opened the door for me, as I now walking in silently to a large domed room with a stage at the front. Spotlights on an empty microphone as a dozen or so people sat or stood around waiting for it to start, I saw people on chains and big fat men being fawned over by random women. It's sickening, when I'm done with my mission I'll probably shoot that guy. I looked above me, there's a vent with a rusty hatch calling my name... literally, the voice spoke to me again letting me know.