Chapter Thirty-Three: Gunslinger from Out Yonder

I sat there, overlooking these 4 people sitting at this tea table. I sat there, among a vast array of stars and universes. I looked around, as Lillian spoke.

"I'm surprised you joined us here, after all you're the most... important person here."

To my left, I heard The Dan in the red dress speak up. Her voice stoic, loud, commanding, and angry.

"Let's not give them too much praise, Lillian. We're all here for a reason."

"You don't need to be such a dick, Danika."

From my right now, the lanky figure who looked like Vee spoke. His voice was muffled, the respirator on his face making his voice sound vacuumed, those tubes in his back were running along the floor around him, and as you followed the tubes they slowly faded into a transparent nothing. He pointed his finger, his body skinny, that strange purple fluid in his veins.

"You are what you eat, Lilly."

Lillian laughed, putting her hand over her mouth as she giggled.

"Oh Vito! I didn't know you were such a jester, you do entertain me!"

He laughed too, moving slowly as he coughed a bit. To my right, Nemesis was silent. I sighed, announcing what I really wanted.

"Why am I here? Why are any of you here?"

Lillian's smile faded, as she grunted.

"Well, the truth is we don't know why we're here. We've been pulled from Dans memories, and now we're trapped as this table. In reality, you're the only person who can freely enter and exit Dans mind."

"You're all just... memories. Then why is Nemesis here?"

"She's... something else. She's a spirit like you, but she's confined to this space for some reason. She thinks it's because most of her power came from the seven sins, but she can't access those sins anymore. Whatever the case, do you have any ideas?"

I thought, these 4 weren't chosen randomly. We all represent some aspect of Dans life, and it doesn't make any sense why these four can't go back to where they were pulled from or from the real world. Hm, I wonder...

"What if you all appear to Dan through me? What if you four enter my head, but I'll be in Dans head. In a technicality, you'd still be in Dans head... it shouldn't anger whatever governs this tea party."

Danika spoke to me

"I could care less, the life of a lifeless memory isn't something I cherish. Do as you wish, and maybe I'll help Dan."

I fake laughed, and now stood up. I walked backwards for a couple steps, before holding up my clawed hand at the tea party. I focused, shutting my eyes and imagining what needs to happen... things went quiet, as the voices started to swirl.

I woke up, yelling as I fell forward. Falling to the floor I looked at my hands, my ears were ringing. I felt like I was bleeding, like I was dying. Expect, all the pain stopped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Hawkins turned me around, and I realized I was still in the car with everyone.

"Dove! Dove can you hear me? Answer me, what's going on with you?!"

"H-Hawkins? I... everything seems so clear, all those voices are gone."

I was placed back in my seat, Hawkins now holding onto me tightly as he looked a bit distraught. Brandon pressed on his earpiece, and now spoke to us all with his laptop in hand.

"Our next target is someone by the name of... Kennedy. A skilled sheriff from outside Erun, he had a hell of a shot. Descriptionnnn... robot cowboy? That's it? Okay, we're looking for'a r-robot cowboy in the 7th."