Chapter Twelve: Infectious Curiosity of The Enlightened Darkness.

I was welcomed into Brandon's home by Brandon himself, it wasn't very big. Upon entering the dark wood hallway dimly lit with hanging warm light, there were stairs to your right and a rack to hang bags or coats. Further down the hall to the left was the dining room with a window overlooking the city, to the right of the dining room was the medium sized kitchen. I didn't bother to ask what was upstairs, it was more than likely impolite. Brandon told me I can hang up my cloak and jacket on the rack, so I did. I also removed my shoes, seeing that Brandon did the same. I sat at the end of the long dining table, 6 chairs, 4 on the sides with the last one directly in front of me across the table. I saw Brandon rub the back of someone cooking. It smelled amazing, the tight rooms let the aroma linger in my nose. The person cooking was wearing baggy pajamas, they had been home for a while now. Based on the hair, I can assume it's Kibo, Brandon turned and now sat on my right. He smiled at me.

"You're safe here Dove, I can tell that this might be much but my family is nothing short than friendly."

I smiled back, letting myself ease into my chair as the person who was cooking now placed a sliced loaf of bread in the center of the table. They put plates in front of Brandon and I, and 2 more where they would sit along with one other. They looked at me, still silent. 

"I'll give you introductions later, you should eat."

The person who cooked the meal now placed it in front of me, glasses filled with a strange juice put in the center. I could not identify what this was, it was some sort of meat, a small salad on the side with a slice of bread. It looked and smelled amazing, but I waited for everyone else to sit down. Brandon nodded at me, as someone came down the stairs. It was a tall woman, white and yellow hair with blue eyes. She wore green plaid pajama pants and a black turtle neck sweater, she stretched herself as she sat down on my left. The person who cooked the meal sat down next to Brandon, their face looking exactly like Kibo. However, anyone could be anyone in this world. I held my tongue, as Brandon spoke.

"I appreciate you waiting Dove, this is my wife Kibo."

Kibo bowed in her seat, their expression a straight line across their lips.

"This is my daughter, Delilah."

Delilah didn't wait, she was in her food like there wasn't any tomorrow. She looked up, laughing a bit downing what was in her mouth.

"Good to meet ya' Dove."

"Manners Del."

She looked away, a bit ashamed as she continued to eat normally. 

"Please Dove, eat. We'll talk about why you're here later."

I accepted, now digging my fork into the cut meat. I took a bite, and my soul lit up. This wasn't like anything I have ever tasted, it's moist but not too wet, the texture soft and malleable. I nearly shed a tear, it wasn't long until the food was gone in front of me. Kibo took the plates, washing them off and placing them in this silver box to her left. She sat back down, and the discussion began.

"Kibo, Delilah. I've brought The Dove here for a special reason, they are exactly what we have theorized about."

His daughters face lit up, Kibo remained expressionless.

"Dove, my family has been all over your case. We are firm believers of alternative realities, and you are a miracle for our understanding."

"It's an... honor."

"Dad where'd you find her?"

"She came to me, and now she'll tell us all about her world!"

"I will?"