Chapter Twenty-Five: Bloody Greed

TW: Mention of Suicide.

Before we could move on to face Val and Vulcan, we needed to either capture or kill Vick. He's been allusive this entire time, and he's only popped up trying to kill me. Hawkins is eager to find him, as he took his friends and killed two of them. The only people remaining in that group is Seven and Kuro, the others were devoured by Vick. I'm scared to tell Hawkins this, his only reason for accompanying us so far was to find out where they had gone. I'm worried that if he finds out most of them are dead, he'll leave us just as quickly as he joined.

I woke up that morning in my own bed, my vision foggy and my body weak. Whispers echoed in my head, with 4 of the 7 sins taking a toll on my soul. I limped downstairs, gripping the railing as I breathed a bit heavy. I barely saw Hawkins come over and help me to the kitchen where he had food prepped. Based on the blurry plate, he had made pancakes? I didn't see Vee anywhere, then again I can't really see anything. I heard Hawkins speak, but his voice was gone in the fog. I saw him stab a piece of a pancake with a fork, putting his hand on my shoulder he glided the whole fork near my mouth, and I opened it for him. They were... good, I never expected Hawkins to be a good cook, but these pancakes were addicting. He fed me the rest of the meal, and my vision came back a few minutes after. I looked to the living room, sitting on the couch was Nemesis and William, it looks like they're talking to each other. Hawkins helped me over, and now I could see Vee on his own chair. His long tail swooshed beside him, dangling off the chair as one of his ears twitched to the cold air. William was visible to everyone, and now he spoke.

"You can all see Nemi now right?"

She waved, still expressionless at times. Hawkins nodded, Vee didn't pay attention.

"I'm the black gunk on Doves axe, pay me no mind."

William chuckled, and now directed everyone's focus.

"The Vulcanite are coming here to talk to you Dove, they have information on Vulcan and Val that will prove useful coming this week. In fact, they should be here any second now."

I sighed, my head was aching. William kept talking.

"Remember, these people are killers. Consider yourself lucky that they're even letting you look at them, especially to command them."

"They seemed pretty easy... at least for me"

"Don't get ahead of yourself."

"Your boyfriend broke a wooden bat on of them, do you realize how hard it is to do that on someone's body- and not on some concrete surface?"

"First of all, don't call him that."

Hawkins blushed and looked away.

"Second of all, I can do that easy."

"Well put it to the test when we can."

Looking at Hawkins, I felt a warm feeling linger near my chest and stomach. I've never felt this before, well at least not in this world... taking my knowledge from my home, I should try to keep my mind clean.

"Ah, they're here."

I saw people walk in, the door unlocked for them, they walked in and sat down. It was Vilo and Vross, they took their seat opposite of me, they looked distressed.

"I appreciate you letting us be here, Dove. Last night, Vilo arrived at my door. I've gone into a deep talk with her, and I want you to know that she is trustworthy."