Chapter Four: Gears and Oil, Flesh and Blood.

While the next morning was rather cold, the heat of the expansive underground blasted my body as I stepped foot outside of my door, it was about 10 in the morning giving me all day to get to district 4. I say get there, but what I really mean is drive there. It's only about an hour of driving, so I have plenty of time to talk to Niko or get more information about this world. I decided to go to Niko first, driving only a couple minutes to the large doorways she lived behind. The guard I had annoyed previously rolled his eyes and opened the door for me, I heard a loud clang as I turned to look into the room. At the right of the room, I saw a robotic figure with a handgun in his hand and in the other a rusty blade that he clashed against Nikos long blade that she swung with her only arm, I pulled out my revolver ready to help Niko as she spun around tripping up the robot and now jamming her sword downward into its chest. With a sparking burst the lights faded and it went limp on the floor, Niko almost fell over as I helped her sit down on her chair.

"What was that Niko?"

"It was... ack... it was a damn Beeper."

"A beeper? You're gonna call that thing a beeper?"

The dead robot on the ground was human like, a thin neck and a lamp like face. It looked like Herleifs buddy from the Central Order back home, I looked to Niko who was now standing.

"They're clones of some robot, they've been trying to kill me and my buddies for a while. They're not that strong, but I've only got one arm... harder for me I guess. I'm getting old too, I'm like 45 or something. I can't remember very well, anyway Dove I know you're going to that auction tonight. You've got a lot of time, you wanna do me a favor?"

"What's the payout?"

"I'll get you... what do you want?"

"I could go for some new clothes."

"Alright I'll get you some new clothes if you... I want you to go to this place under the 10th district down south. I've got intel that a lot of these bots have been seen near that place."

"And do what?"

She reached to the side of her throne, putting a black orb in my hands.

"Blow it up, that's a grenade in your hand. Press the button on the top and you've got 6 seconds to get outta there. It's easy, I'll get your clothes when you come back. Good luck Dove."

I nodded, pocketing the explosive I walked out back to my car. Down south, I looked at the compass on my phone, south was actually behind me. I spun around and raced down the bumpy road until I came to a stop near a big wall with a huge 24 painted on the side. Near the 24 was a steel door that I knocked on, it opened immediately to reveal a large area filled with... robots. Hundreds of androids and robotic people walking around like any other human would, I began to walk around. I got glared by multiple bots as I approached a large building, the roof was made of rock like it was a cave. Shops and bars in the rocky wall that was illuminated with lamps and lanterns all around the cave, it wasnt very big... hard to imagine this is considered a whole district. Maybe theres more down the road, but the place seemed empty. A pond in the center with robotic Ducks? I turned around and picked one up, a signature on its bill. It read "~m", I put the duck down and walked to the building again where I heard footsteps coming from the stairs leading up to the door. I looked up to see a robot similar to the one Niko had murdered, except it had 6 folded wings behind him as he spoke.

"What's a human doing here?"

With the robots hands behind its back, I spoke too

"Androids like you have been trying to kill a friend of mine. Stop maybe?"