Chapter Six: The 23rd District

"Well Dove, I don't really have any more missions for you right now... how about you take a trip somewhere? I wouldn't recommend saying my name in the 23rd, 26th, or 22nd."

"Who exactly are you allied with?"

"The 25th... and maybe the 22nd if Mitsoro would stop being a bitch."

"Can you tell me more about Mitsoro?"

"Uhm yeah... let's see. She's a tired woman, you'll never see her expression change. She's ruthless, won't hesitate to take matters into her own hand. I can't remember her last name, but she's of Japanese descent and that-"

"What does that mean? What is Japan in this world?"

"You say that like you're not... whatever- It was actually the 27th district, full of people with talented skills and master bladework. However, many of them bore red eyes and white hair, similar to you Dove. After the civil war, those traits were a sign of an evil to return... and so the 26th district, led by Leo's father, raided them one day. There was this one man, Vee, he saw the attack and killed Leo's father. He went down the pipeline and slaughtered all these superiors, with no passing of power the 26th destabilized. Butttt they got resources from the 27th to rebuild and refund, and the 27th was no more in a single day. Vee vanished, but I heard he was actually captured and sold to Leo at that auction."

"Right, does Vee have a mother? A father?"

"Not that I know of... he's a mystery, maybe if you talked to him. Hey here's a good idea, you could steal Vee from Leo? That would gain Vee's trust, AND piss off Leo!"

"I had that in mind, do you know anything about a man named Brandon Smith?"

"Dove I'm not full of answers, but I know who is. I need to call in a favor for this, but show this slip to the door at the 23rd... you'll get some answers from Fred."

"Fred?"

"FR3D-R1K, or Fredrick, or Fred. We're best buds, but I think I pissed him off."

I nodded, turning and walking to the door Niko stopped me.

"Dove... are you really from... a different world?"

I smirked, a face of confusion on her face but I saw light in it.

"I can't confirm nor deny."

She laughed, I walked outside giving the guard to my left a fist bump before walking to my home. The lights dimmed inside, I started to gather my things. I pulled out Ki's blade from my pocket dimension and looked at it. Ki's name isn't branded anywhere, no guarantee she even exists in this world. Maybe I give this to Vee, he'll remember? Again, Lillian never told how I'm supposed to grant memories back to someone. Do I touch them? I need to find out, and I especially need to find out who's been talking to me. I spun my keys around my thumb, thinking about who could be who. 

"Ki could be dead, nothing on Hawkins, Brandon is above me, Vee is with Leo in the 26th, Mitsoro is in the 22nd."

I groaned, putting the blade back I stuffed my revolver in my jacket and walked out. Making sure my place was locked, tugging on the knob a bit before walking backwards transitioning into a jog. I walked down the long strip of shops and tight spaced restaurants, people all around with red lanterns hanging up above. I looked around... where's my car? I groaned again...

"The garage..."

I stomped, turning around I jogged back to my house unlocking the door and then locking it again. I went into the garage, the door opening up as I climbed inside my car and revved the engine. I sped out leaving marks on my floor, the door shutting behind me as I flipped the car around and sped down to the 23rd.