Chapter Thirty-Two: Through the Painful Past.

For some reason, Dan has become rather unresponsive to anyone in that car.

Yes, it's me, William. Or if you're a fighter, Akira. 

While Dans stress could be the reason for her maniacal outburst, followed by her depressed silence, I believe there's something else going on with her. Emmy has vanished from my view, and because Dans head seems hazy I've chosen to devolve into a spirit not attached to anyone's mind. Like a ghost or specter, I floated around in a translucent light before entering Dans mind in  a literal sense. It was a black void, until it all came together. 

In everyone's mind, there's a long corridor, metal or wood, which has many doors. Behind those doors is every event in someone's life. Every person you've met, every person you've killed, and every time you've died. That last part should only be at the end of your timeline, except for Dan... she has three corridors. This isn't supposed to happen, to my right was a red entrance with flames crackling on the side, in the center was a white corridor that seemed the longest, and to my left was a brown corridor with a metallic interior. Ah, I see now.

I'm very knowledgeable in Dans life, In this world and the one before. I know she suffered death, and was brought back to life in a different body. But this red door, I don't know what it is. I opted for the brown door first, walking in I immediately fell into a pile of sand. Looking around, I had fallen into a vast desert. In front of me in the distance was a massive walking city, I remember this place from Dans dreams. This is where she grew up, where she first fought against the oppressive force that was... me. I can't imagine myself being an oppressive tyrant, which is good for Dan and everyone else of this world. I walked forward, until I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to see a man, fitted in a black and white tux, golden armor on his arms with two golden horns sticking out from an eccentric headpiece. 

"Who the hell are you?"

"Is this supposed to be William?"

"Yeah that's me? Who's asking?"

"I expected someone more demonic, from the ways Dans dreams depicted them."

"Huh? You itching for a fight?"

"Ah, I see. I must combat all of Dans foes so I can move on."

"Who the hell are you talking to? I'll kill you, punk. And then I'll get this Dan too!"

I held up my hand, a rather limp pose as this inferior William looked stunned.

"Divide."

A white slash flashed across his body, and in the next moment his head fell to the floor. The sands were stained by his blood, and a great wind now swept across the land. I heard an explosion, turning around again the Walker crashed into the sand by its knees, the city on top toppling over. The concrete wave picked up sand, as a wall of the orange dust started to outstretch its scratchy hand out to me. I tossed my hand to the side, and the wind immediately died. In the distance, the Walker now transformed into a hulking body. 

"Why give me these fights, it's just an annoyance."

I raised my hand again, as the metal mountain roared I did the same thing again. The machine split into two, and its pieces fell onto the sand like meteors from the sky. I sighed, as I realized this was the end of this corridor. I walked backwards, and managed to find my way back. I entered into the white corridor now, and emerged into a bustling city. This must be Erun, during those years of peace Dan experienced. I looked around, not seeing a lot going on. Suddenly, every person on the street vanished. It became quiet, as it became night with a blink of my eyes. I was standing in front of a stage, with someone on it talking about Erun's tenth anniversary of peace. On the sidelines, I saw Dan... with two children. While I say children, they were only the shadows of children. Black husks of flesh, fake, without skin. I looked back to the stage, only to find myself standing in the rubble of Erun. The desert had taken back this area, as I looked around I could hear something in the distance. I looked behind me, the area had once again transformed into a concrete cell block. It was slowly crumbling into pieces as I saw fighting in the back. In front of me, stood my daughter. Promise had her shovel, that golden chain attached to its handle and to her waist.